Mainstream Drag Racing Press

Michael

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Hopefully this doesn't come across as being an attention *****, but I figured I would post about a mainstream drag racing online magazine doing an article about my diesel race truck build. The author saw me post about it on YB, then PM'ed me with some additional questions for his article.

A Different Type of Build: A Pro Stock Diesel Truck - Dragzine

I'll post some updates soon to my build thread here on CompD, been getting a few things done on it!

Congrats michael! Any way we can get this sport out there helps!

Sweet! Nice little write up, can't" Wade" to see the finished product!

Thanks guys! BTW, the first sentence of my post was supposed to start as:
Hopefully this doesn't come across as being an attention w hore
I guess this is a family kinda place so we can't type that ;)

Nice! I'm happy they got ahold of you to represent the sport instead of someone all the Wade accross the country...:)

Dude. Let's cover this for the rest of the class. Your chest doesn't have bruises from where you have been pounding on it. You are a stand up guy. Nobody has to cheer for you. We all want to hear about what's up, what's new, and what's happening with the new ride. You have yet to utter the words "what have you done?".

So....post away my friend.

And **** the ****ing **** filter. :D

Michael, you deserve it. You help a lot of people and are a quiet guy when it comes to your accomplishments. When you see the opportunity, you give the wisdom you derive from what ever experience you've been through. You've paid it forward bud.

Congrats on the press!

That is slick as hell Michael, didn't even know that on line magazine existed. Congratulations. P.S. Don't tell them who you bought that truck from. Starting to feel guilty about all the work you are having to end up doing. :D

Thanks for all the kind words! I'm just a guy trying to build a truck in his garage with the help of some sponsors! U-Haul and Enterprise will probably be glad when it's done so I can quit abusing their trucks ;)

That is slick as hell Michael, didn't even know that on line magazine existed. Congratulations. P.S. Don't tell them who you bought that truck from. Starting to feel guilty about all the work you are having to end up doing. :D

Ken, don't feel guilty at all! My mistake was not buying the relevant spec ahead of time to go over the chassis with more detail, and until you actually disassemble it you don't see stuff like the worn out parts or the missing welds. I'm just annoyed that the original builder sent it out of his shop like that. This is the best thing that could happen to that chassis, getting "recycled" into my new chassis! I figure I bought a bunch of tubing and a body, as well as some lessons in ways that a chassis can get screwed up! Much better than learning that lesson with a screwed up chassis on the track!!!

Congrats Michael !!!

Can't wait to see it run...... Will you have it on the track for Woodburn??

Heck Michael I can't think of to many other people in our sport that would be as good a spokes person for the sport in the mainstream. The more we can do to promote the sport the better our chances of it growing. Having guys like you being out front and pushing it will only help us at the end of the day.

Heck Michael I can't think of to many other people in our sport that would be as good a spokes person for the sport in the mainstream. The more we can do to promote the sport the better our chances of it growing. Having guys like you being out front and pushing it will only help us at the end of the day.

True statement right there!!!

Congrats Michael !!!

Can't wait to see it run...... Will you have it on the track for Woodburn??
Yup, that is my "official" target date. With any luck I'll have it done long enough before then for some decent testing. Maybe we can even lure the Banks truck out of retirement for that race!

Yup, that is my "official" target date. With any luck I'll have it done long enough before then for some decent testing. Maybe we can even lure the Banks truck out of retirement for that race!

That would be very cool........

I really want to hear the rail with the SuperCharged Dmax & Zoomies .... watching it would be fun to :D

and BTW, please don't be bashful about posting stuff about your truck whether it be media press, updates or whatever ..... we want to see it :D

+1

Last edited:
Back