Man if you seen this crap!

GENESIS01

Learning as I Go
Had a race awhile back, went to "lighten" it up, took tailgate, pass. seat, and pass. battery out, things like that.

Well when I got done I ran without the pass. battery for awhile, I mean it was dead anyway, wasn't doing much good/help at all.

My mom drove the truck and left lights on and died.

Went to jump it off and it went hay wire...clicking blinking caution lights. The truck finally got to where it "wanted" to crank but the starter wouldn't turn fast enough at all...we waited and waited but something even stranger happened the computer acted like it was still trying to start, so as soon as we touched the pos. cable to the pos. terminal it would immediately try and start, even with the key out!

So we tried using my buddies truck instead finally the battery stored enough charge and the starter stopped actin' a fool, and it cranked right up. got two brand new interstate batt's and every now and again I will go to crank and it will click once and do nothing, back the ignition off, turn ignition on and try again, and for as long as 5 min.'s it will click and then finally starter fires off...is my solenoid going out? starter going bad? lol I suck at electronics any help I assure you is amazing, thanks guys.

that happene when my starter was going out.. had it rebuilt and never had another problem..

Thanks man...any more suggestions...just to make sure...

Thanks again.

Google search Larry B's starter contact kit. That will prob fix your starter issue.

The contactor in the starter stuck against the contacts, which in turn back feed power through the electrical system and also caused the starter to crank the engine as soon as power was applied. This is caused by low voltage, warped contacts from extreme over heating, lack of lubrication or any combination of problems. Not an expensive fix if you have some mechanical skills and availability to parts, also can be caused by bad batteries or bad power/ground connections.

low voltage will cause an increase in current... you'll fry starter contacts, and only the contacts if you're lucky....

Starter Prob.

CONTACT (LARRY B'S $28.00) SIMPLE INSTALL JUST DID MINE WORKS GREAT!! GOOD LUCK!:Cheer:

I replaced contacts and starter before finding the Terminal to wire connection failed inside the positive battery terminal.

Back