Manifold Stud Size's and Manifold Question

USARMY12V

Rally round the Virginian
Well, since the ears have to be welded back on to my head I'm going to stick studs in there while it's welded back together. What size studs do I need? I'm sure I can source these cheap from somewhere. Going with a Steed Speed manifold so as long as stock bolts is obviously not required. Also, what size studs for manifold to turbo? Thanks.

Also, how have the Steed's finishes been holding up recently? Is it worth getting it coated before I put it on there? I know they used to start looking junky fairly quickly but supposedly the finish was changed.

Also, how have the Steed's finishes been holding up recently? Is it worth getting it coated before I put it on there? I know they used to start looking junky fairly quickly but supposedly the finish was changed.

I've had mine on for the last 5 months, still looks new, and is daily driven.

M10 x 1.5, not sure what length you'll need; I would guess in the 35-50mm range.

40mm BOLTS are the longest that'll fit with a steed, 45 are just a tad too long. So just add the nut thickness plus a little more for breathing room to the 40 and that should work for a stud. Atleast a 55mm I'd say.

Most of the Steed's I've seen are 3/8"-16 for the turbo flange. Although I did have an early one that wasn't tapped. Not sure if that's an option or not.

I assumed he was talking about manifold to head studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am primarily wondering about manifold to head, but turbo to manifold as well. It seems odd that as many people that get these there's no go-to source for studs. Would the Geno's kit work?

Clipsandfasteners.com

They have many different length studs and i also use the copper clad lock nuts.

Steed coating will last for a little while. Mine is starting to go downhill, but I bought it from someone that had it laying around for a while.

Back