manual question

bigsexy7.3

Ok today while waiting for the guys to.show for the sled pull today we decided to try pulling with my 12v with a 2.5 turbo today. First time I took off right around 3200 in 4low 4th gear. Once I felt the load on the motor I let out of the clutch she dropped to right around 2300 and slowly climbed. How much rpm do you guys normally lose of.the.line and where are.the rpms.when.ypu.leave the.line? I have a video but im not sure how.you load it.

I try to leave around 4500-5 and mine will come down to 3500 at time

So average drop is around a 1000 mine didnt seem to climb in rpms very fast for blown the tires of it

Depending on the track, clay you want less wheel speed, but if it's a loose Sandy track, sometimes you just have to spin the crap out of the tires

What would you recommand other the 4th 4low? Most our tracks are sandy. By the.start of the.season I plan to have my daully wheels, weight.box, and all.the suspension stuff. The.pumps a built 215 benched maxed and.flowed

If you plan on turning it into a dedicated puller, I'd be looking into re gearing. 4th low with 4.88's is what myself and many run. 2nd gear high is your next gear down, you just gotta be careful being on the high side of the transfer case.

Well shes a new tranny and I was thinking of regearing it when I get the locker for the rear and spool for the front

Well shes a new tranny and I was thinking of regearing it when I get the locker for the rear and spool for the front

Think you got that backwards. Spool in the rear and locker in the front Would be a better choice.

Automatic Reply:
Qualmq is correct, spool the rear and trutrac the front.

Why not spool the front? Im going.to eliminate the other vacuum setup and.run.a cable

It would be nearly impossible to steer with a spool and even worse if the disconect was removed.

You can spool the front if you have manual hubs and just keep atleast one unlocked to steer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why wouldnt putting the front on a cable setup work for being able to turn?

well you don't really need full lockup in the front, and the TruTrac is a torsion gear set up that works wonderfully well, and splits power very nicely. Its like that good guy at work who doesn't say much, but just works :)

Back