Manual to Auto swap questions.

ETH/DEE

Fick mich
What I've got is a 97 RCSB 1500 5spd, and a 96 RCLB 2500 auto. The 1500 is pretty much gutted and ready for the conversion. Now I've taken the motor, trans, both under hood wiring harness's, auto pedals and steering column out of the 2500. Will I need any of the under dash wiring from the 2500 to make the 1500 work like stock. Obviously I could wire the O.D. on a toggle switch but I suck at electrical work. Is there anything else I'll need from the 2500 before I scrap it, like the under dash fuse panel or anything else.

I searched manual to auto conversions but didn't see any helpful info.

TIA, Aaron.

I wouldn't scrap the donor until the swap is totally complete. I'm pretty sure the gauge cluster needs to be swapped and probably the under dash wire harness also. There is also the pcm and things you never thought of.

I've got the PCM, I'm just wondering if I need anything from under the dash wiring wise... I could keep the donor around but, I'd like to free up garage/drive way space.

Anybody else?

Mine was a cummins to cummins swap so it might be different, but I didn't have to swap anything other than the pdl, trans wiring harness, gauge cluster, and jump the clutch pedal switch so it would start, done deal

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Back