Mason-Dixon TDC Diesel Drag & Dyno Day Aug. 11, 2007

Time to get pumped for this weekend!!!

We are all setup and the track is excited to have us!!

Here are some last minute details:

For those of you who have not purchased your race tickets yet, the remainder of the available tickets will be for sale at the gate. Remember, there are only a limited number available. If they are gone before you show up, you will not be able to race. So get there early!! For directions to the track go here http://www.cecilcountydragway.com/

Gates open at 8 am. Racing from 9 am to 4 pm. Racer tickets are $55 ea. Spectator and Pit crew admission is $10 ea. Entrance to the track will be at the pit gate and all parking will be in the pits so you won't miss a thing!!

The Diesel Performance Motorsports Mobile Dynojet http://www.dieselperformancemotorsports.com/ will be in the pits also. Dyno runs will be $75 for 3 pulls. Dyno sign-up will be first come first serve, so get there early as they will only sign-up as many as the crew will be able to strap down for the day.

Tracy Smith from TRS Photo will be on hand taking professional photos on the track. All photos will be available from her website http://trsphoto.exposuremanager.com/ shortly after the event.

Palmer Racing Fuels will be open at least part of the day for your nitrous and methanol needs. And of course, the track concession stands will be open for food and drink.

Please see me at the track if there are any special Grudge Matches you would like to set up.

Remember, make sure you bring and have all the required NHRA safety equipment for the times you will run. If not, you will be prohibited from running and there will be no refund for your ticket. NO SHORTS if you are racing!

We will see you all there!!!!!!!!

Greg
MD-TDC Vice Pres.

I know it's kind of last minute, but for those that want to bring some burgers, or dogs, or whatever, I will be bringing the grill. I will also be bringing my car trailer, in case of carnage. Hopefully, I won't have to use it.[:D]

The dyno is here and everything is ready at the track!! :)

Steve (ctd8999) and his partner in crime Fred (offshoreracer), were at the gate when I stopped up this afternoon to finalize everything!!

Steve battled some of the Friday night street racers with a couple 11.8 passes!!

Weather is going to be awesome!! There are still some Racer Tickets available at the gate so make sure you are there early!!

It's going to be a great day!!

Thanks to all who attended!!

For the Mason Dixon Turbo Diesel Clubs first attempt at a drag race event, it wasn’t too bad. But of course, there was some “Murphy’s Law” that came into play 

For those that showed up to dyno, I and Diesel Performance Motorsports apologize for the dyno problems!! Computer issues were plaguing the dyno and we were unable to even get it fired up. Mike worked as hard as possible for at least 4 hrs trying to resolve the problems to no avail. Again, we apologize and I would like to thank Mike and his brother for the tremendous effort!!

The goal for the drag racing was to have a nice and relaxed test and tune. I believe that was accomplished although it would have been nice if a few more racers showed up. The Iron Man awards have to go to a couple of the Duramax guy’s (sorry, I forget your names right now) who racked up 30 passes each!! Again, all in all it was a great day with a gate total of 50 racers and 180 spectators.

A big congrats goes out to Cliff (oasis-3) who won our impromptu Gamblers race between 8 entrants for a pot of $160.

Also, my long standing record for the fastest diesel truck at Cecil County Dragway of 11.88 , which by the way I didn’t even know I held until the track manager told me today!, was broken twice!! First by Steve Bohatch (cdt8999) with an 11.84, then by Wade Moody (Diesel Power) with an 11.04. A big “Way to go!!!!”

Special thanks to Tracy Smith who took over 250 awesome pictures from at the line and they are available through her website at http://trsphoto.exposuremanager.com/

I passed my video camera to our official Movie man Ernie (Fiveology) LOL and he took a pile of video! I am uploading it now and will post the link later.

A big Thank You goes out to Cecil County Dragway for their hospitality and excellent facility!! Also to all the participants and spectators! There was not one complaint from the track about anyone’s dragstrip edict or conduct and they gladly invited us back next year! I would also like to thank Jim and Lloyd (fellow MD-TDC officers) and all the other MD-TDC members that showed up and gave their support to this event.

Hopefully we can learn from this experience and have an even bigger and better event next year!!

Thanks again!!!

Greg “Dockboy” DaPron
MD-TDC Vice Pres.

I`m glad Ernie got my 12.02 pass on video, that was w/ nitrous.

I know there is more in it, w/ tuning and better driving, I know 11`s are right around the corner.

Also did a best of 12.96 on motor.

Thanks for hosting this event Greg, how about next year?

wayne

Had a great time Greg, Thanks for throwing this event. Very cool people all around.
Nice meeting you Wayne, That work truck ROLLS!
My boy DeeJay gets 32 passes in 6 hours, You all know him, the Chevy dually thats in the video about 8 times! Way to work it Hoss.

NGM=fast.

yeah thanks greg we had a blast. i cant wait to run my truck at the track again next year. hopefully with better results. and if anyone got any video of any of my passes except for the 20 second one i would love to see them. thanks

Greg, the choke must have been stuck shut in that photo. :clap: Thanks Steve B.

Thanks everyone!

Let's spread the word so next years can be even better. Will probably work on a pre-organized Gamblers race for those people that have to have a chance to win money to show up! LOL

Thanks again to the people who showed up and participated.

Greg

Greg, great job putting this event together, hope we can do it next year. Thanks Steve B.

Back