MaxSpool Duramax Dual Spring and Titanium retainers.

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
This is the absolute best spring available for the Duramax performance application. The spring is a dual spring that will allow well over .650 lift in today’s maximum effort Duramax engines. We have extensive testing with our in house engine programs. The NX Duramax Mustang , winner at Hot Rods Drag Week 2008 and 2009 , and world’s fastest diesel street car at well over 200 mph’s This Mustang is a true street machine , and has logged many street miles , ,rolling in the gate and to the starting line running 148 mph in the quarter mile.

We turn these engines 6000 rpm's plus ,

I have over 50 sets of these springs in service over the past 18 month, without a single failure. I am going to offer these to the public for a few weeks at $599 for the set of dual springs and Titanium retainers

When we turn these engines 6000 rpm's plus, we don’t trust a single spring and stock retainer. This is the primary reason behind our going with a dual spring and stronger and lighter titanium retainer

We also have MaxSpool Duramax billet Chromemolly push rods $299 and 10 mm ARP rocker studs in stock. $99 These studs are a must to keep from breaking rocker shafts

DSCN1215.jpg

Here is a look at the MaxSpool Spring Installed on the ZZ Custom Fabrication Ported heads. and by the way these heads flow an incredible amount of air

P1040773copy.jpg

P1040770copy.jpg

Last edited:
Is that the same springs that Curtis uses?Just curious.BTW those heads look nice ,would like to get a better look at the ports.

P1040918.jpg

P1040919.jpg

P1040903.jpg

P1040678.jpg

P1040677.jpg

P1040667.jpg

P1030871.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa147/GREG560/P1030874.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa147/GREG560/P1030986.jpg

P1040003.jpg

P1040006.jpg

wow that is puuuurrrdy. how should i go about getting some of the rocker shaft studs from you?

give me a call 817 296 4949 , you can thanks JohnBoy for finding a need for them, and getting me to source them out from ARP .

does ARP make any other studs for the Dmax rather than the head, main & rocker studs?

yes , Curtus Had me source a injector hold down for his billet hold downs , and they do make 625's for the Dmax . I have a set of them if any one wants them , but I'm using ARP 2000 in the dragster , if you poping head gaskets you need to learn to tune better.

Wow that is actually a good deal for springs and titanium retainers. I was suspecting around the 1000 mark when I glanced at the pictures. Those ports are awesome looking. What size valves and flow numbers? That is of course if are willing to tell. Everything looks good.

the price is for the next few weeks, I have quite a few sets in stock, of both the Dmax and my Cummins Dual Springs with Ti retaners .
The normal price is $795.
The heads flow around 270 cfm @ 28 inches with 2 mm over valves.

dmax heads

that's some pretty good flow numbers for that size valve. i hear fleece performance will be offering a cnc ported dmax head that flows a hair over 260cfm out of the box. im glad to see guys make some big gains with heads. especially on a sweet ride like that. so greg, how big of a bore was that flowed on? any swirl numbers you wanna throw out there?

the price is for the next few weeks, I have quite a few sets in stock, of both the Dmax and my Cummins Dual Springs with Ti retaners .
The normal price is $795.
The heads flow around 270 cfm @ 28 inches with 2 mm over valves.

Those numbers are good. I am sure its hard to get a ton of flow when the air has to make a 90* turn into the cylinder. Now all someone needs to do is figure out how to put a hemi style head on there and make it work. :hehe:

that's some pretty good flow numbers for that size valve. i hear fleece performance will be offering a cnc ported dmax head that flows a hair over 260cfm out of the box. im glad to see guys make some big gains with heads. especially on a sweet ride like that. so greg, how big of a bore was that flowed on? any swirl numbers you wanna throw out there?
its on a 4.125 bore, the stroke on this engine is 3.820 .

I have a new crank coming its a 3.600 stroke with BBC 2.200 rods .

the new heads that are weilded will flow over 330 , but its a ways away, I can make more HP then needed to run 6.70 with what we have now , so that a winter time project

here is the push rods we used in the Mustang ,Z28, and Daragster
DSCN1567.jpg
[/QUOTE]

its on a 4.125 bore, the stroke on this engine is 3.820 .

I have a new crank coming its a 3.600 stroke with BBC 2.200 rods .

the new heads that are weilded will flow over 330 , but its a ways away, I can make more HP then needed to run 6.70 with what we have now , so that a winter time project

On the 454 motor we had to have something that would flow with that displacement. 4.185" We haven't flowed them with that ring yet.

WOW I've gone thru the springs I have in stock, and have 10 more sets due in friday. I will continue this pricing untill the weekend.

Back