MBRP or Magnaflow which do you like

BAF250

Lead - Follow- or Move !!
I have had the MBRP, and liked it fine.
I am looking @ going with Alm. cat back.
What do you prefer & why?

What are the differances other the the name.

Thanks in advance.

they're pretty much the same... quality fit/hangers/etc. crappy sounding muffler. 5" Magnaflow is a 4" muffler. The MBRP mufflers like to fall apart after a while. Not sure if the Magnaflows are fully welded or not. But both mufflers are just a big glasspack that I don't like the sound of

MBRP all the way. Dealt with a magnaflow a lot at first in the begining and was never very satisfied. Switch to using MBRP for all the diesel and gas trucks I do. Great quality, fit, finish and warranty. 409SS is the best route to go. I back this product 100% theres nothing better in my book!

my 04 had a 5" MBRP system on it when I got it... very shortly after, it started vibrating like crazy because the muffler was falling apart. I put got rid of the packed muffler and enjoyed hearing 10x the turbine sound vs. the galsspack

Did you strait pipe it Forrest or different muffler? Curious, as my MBRP muffler is full of cracks, and should fall off at any time lol.

Wow I'm surprised to see so many MBRP detractors in here.

I've had MBRP on mine for almost 4 years now. I replaced it once (under warranty) because it rusted and I had purchased the non-rust stuff. No other problems with it. No cracks, no rattling. It's certainly louder than stock, but doesn't get really loud until you step on it with a tune. Otherwise it's very tolerable. I haven't heard a magnaflow on a diesel, but the gassers I've heard *always* have a rumble that annoys me to no end.

Look into AFE also. I have one on mine because the price was good. Been on there for 2 yrs no problems. Exhaust is just pipes and curves.

Did you strait pipe it Forrest or different muffler? Curious, as my MBRP muffler is full of cracks, and should fall off at any time lol.

I did straight pipe it... it was a twin turbo setup, and you could barely hear the turbos at all... ditch the glasspack and HOLY CARP! :eek: :p

I've always hated packed mufflers in a turbo application, but to see a supposedly "good" muffler falling apart like that was pitiful IMO

Exhaust is just pipes and curves.

exactly!!! and a quality, fully welded DIESEL muffler shouldn't fall apart and shouldn't change tone.

unless you're in the salt belt, a $250-300 aluminized cheapo system will well outlast a $500+ 409 MBRP system and sound a lot better

My truck has the "duals", and its cracking around the back of the muffler where it goes into the Y pipe really bad. Im sure there is more stress on that area due to the tails moving around a bit. Maybe ill just strait pipe it, its already gotten way louder over the past 2 years anyways lol.

I put alot of exhausts on and Magnaflow is way nicer. The hangers are prewelded and it goes on in less than a hour.

not changeing the subject but has anybody heard one of corasce exhuast. dont know if i spelled that right

what do you guys think of AFE exhaust? compared to MBRP? I ordered an MBRP kit for my 7.3 and come to find out, it is back ordered for a couple weeks and the vendor has the afe in stock would sell it for the same price. other that the fella that posted in this thread, i have only read one other comment and it was to stay away from AFE cause it didnt fit the truck well. took 5 hours to install and the hangars had to be moved.Thanks

I like mine. Had no problems with install or hangers. Took me 1.5 to install and that was by myself.

Back