Mechanical fuel pump

SuperDave4x4

popcorn playa
My old school AirDog150 seems to be weaking. I'm not really sure why, but it started losing a little bit of pressure a few months ago. I changed the filters recently so I don't think that's a problem. Perhaps the spring is weakening?

Anyways, if I can't get this thing back to normal I'm thinking of going to Fuel Boss from Glacier. If you have one how is it holding up and did you keep the stock lift pump for priming? I had read a while back about some guys not keeping the factory pump and just running the Fuel Boss as a stand alone.

I'm not sure that I really want another electric pump again.

Do you have an aftermarket harmonic balancer? I thought I remembered reading that they would not work with a Fluidampner/etc.

Is this on your 1999?

You don't need a lift pump for priming and it will work with a fluiddampner

phone

You don't need a lift pump for priming and it will work with a fluiddampner

phone

Their site says it wont work with fluidampner, I have wanted one for quite some time but I have a fluidampner and was afraid "skeerd" to try it. Have you used one on a fluidampner personally?

I have the assassin and it has been working flawlessly. I used loctite 545 on all the fittings after a prime issue and now I can park wherever I want and it fires up instantly. Got all my filter heads here: http://tnfilter.com.

Running a fuel boss on the 03 and never had a single issue.

Highly recommend if your not into electric pumps.

Hydroshok u running the assassin on your 12 valve in your sig? What all hardware did you use to make it work I have one I'm trying to make work has adjustable over flow valve 5/8 line just curious how yours is set up sorry for the thread steal...

Yep. I have 1/2" lines, a 30 micron pre assassin, a fuel lab regulator and a 2 micron pre IP. I just stretched the spring on my stock OFV. I see 25psi @ idle and set it to 50psi max. I wanna say it reaches 50psi around 2k rpm. I've never seen it drop pressure at all. You'll need the airdog return fitting for your injector return unless you get rid of the banjo fitting.

Thanks i need to get mine primed and go from there i havent replaced the return line yet and i was going to just regulate it with the adjustable ofv but i guess see what my pressure is at and go from there

Back