Mechanical pumping a V8

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
I was just wondering what all it takes to put a mechanical 8cyl mechanical pump on the v8 style engines. Like the power strokes and the dmaxes???

Kindof been wonder about this for a while now.

Cant remember the name for some reason, but there is a pulling truck that runs one of those pumps. That sucker is wicked!!!! I think the easyiest way to get a pump like that is off a 3208 cat. They run an inline 8cly pump that sits in the valley of the engine. Im thinking it would be hard to get some injectors to work. If it can be done some what inexpensive, I think it would be awesome!

Yeah i know maximum overtime is the ford i know of that is running that setup. It was very impressive. I just cant wait until someone throws one on a dmax.

I was just wondering what all it takes to put a mechanical 8cyl mechanical pump on the v8 style engines. Like the power strokes and the dmaxes???

Kindof been wonder about this for a while now.

I've wondered why nobody has yet...or maybe they have and it hasn't gone mainstream (other than double overtime)...one would think that the fueling capabilities of a 3208 Cat pump or even better an 8 cylinder Bosch P-Pump combined with the engine displacement/airflow capabilities of the Powerstroke or Duramax would be awfully hard to beat...

i wouldnt go with a pump from a 3208 CAT, id try to find one off a V8 Mack

I say one thing ill bet its going to be one bad mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fella building the Dmax hangs out here from time to time LOL

He has been known to put the wrong engine in a body that normally has another engine before............

Finding an inline pump off a 4BT is like finding a needle in a haystack...

You would have a better chance in finding some cash laying on the ground and then buying one of these... It's only $12,000 (no core required)

could you run 2 P7100's off of a 4BT Cummins with reground camshafts?

It would be much much easier to run one 8 cylinder inline p-pump...i've worked on a few for guys that tractor pull with 3208 Cat motors in there tractors...and as far as I know they are "reasonably" priced and relatively easy to find...

The more I think about it, a newer duramax would be the "best" candidate for a P-Pump (mounted in the place of the cp3) and using some "trick" injectors that would protrude through the valve covers like the stock injectors do...

There is a 3.0 Ford Powerstroke that also has the p-pump on it. I'm pretty sure it's called Stroked Out. And yeah, like the Double Overtime truck, it performs really well.

So when is Chris' dmax gonna be ready? :D Debut 09 season???

C-ya

Y'all have piddled around too long now. We have 6.7 liters now, so when we slap a sigma on one you V-8 boys are doomed:evil:hehe:

Y'all have piddled around too long now. We have 6.7 liters now, so when we slap a sigma on one you V-8 boys are doomed:evil:hehe:
I'll see your sigma and raise you a v-8 style 500+ CI block with 350 CFM heads... Wait, that's not my truck, it's someone elses!!!

Back