Medium Duty trans- RTO-6610/RTO-6613, etc

Craig_C

Resident Smartass
Looking for a medium duty trans for a 12valve swap into my IH chassis Uhaul. Prefer a RTO-6613 or RTO-6610, but I dont really care AS LONG AS it has an overdrive final gear.

I have some things I would be willing to trade, such as two Allison AT545's, a god running 7.3 IDI, a Spicer 5 speed mounted to the 7.3, a 7 speed from an International 8100 (I can get the model number if needed).

PM would be the best way to reach me!! Thanks!!

The 7 speed is a heavy truck trans, sae 1 bellhousing, without overdrive.

Good luck finding one. I looked for a couple months. Closest one was fl for like 1500. Not that bad but the only 14" flywheel I could find was $750. I was looking for the rto6610 and the rto610 and a couple others. Arent they the weird shift pattern where 3rd and 4th are opposite in the pattern?

Last edited:
Rto will be od to the dash, rtx will be straight H pattern. Wasn't the zf6 used in medium duty?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've found a few, was hoping to find someone who would do some trading for some/all of the stuff I have laying around doing me no good.

The truck will gross somewhere around 20-26000 depending on the situation. Id feel a lot better with a larger Trans than a zf6. Engine that's going in is a 230hp 12 valve that will get a little adjustment to it. Nothing wild, maybe 3-350hp range.

There's a truck wrecker in eastern Nebraska you might try, bd truck sales.

I wouldn't be scared of the zf in a 26000lb application, they're pretty tough.

There's one for sale in the general diesel section

Back