mega cab lift kits

torque beast

addicted to diesel
Just bought a new mega cab and it broke 100 miles so its time to mod. Done a lot of research on lift kits but still not sure what to get. I was going to buy a carli or Kore suspension kit (still might) but want to hear some feedback from you guys that are running lift kits now or in the past. which is the best bang for the buck ect....
I don't want a kit that has stiff springs that deliver a rough ride. All opinions welcome

Thuren is definately one of the best- and probably better priced than Kore. My brother and I both have 3rd gen quad cabs. He went Kore, I got Thuren; trucks drive similarly, but mine feels a little more "connected" to the road and doesn't sway as much- very good ride; it was also lighter on the wallet by a couple hundred.

.: THUREN FABRICATION :.

First off, lemme give you an idea of what I was looking for in a suspension upgrade - I wanted to run fast at the track with the 04.5 with great street manners. I want to run washboard at speed in my new truck, and not fund my dentist's early retirement.

I researched this one fairly well a year or so ago, and decided to work with Don Thuren on the truck listed in the signature. All the goodies get installed this August. The new truck will get the royal treatment of coils, leafs, shocks and all the rest.

YMMV, but I would call Don to chat. Great guy. He advised me on what I needed versus what I thought I wanted, as well as what wouldn't work. Member Cquestad runs his stuff, so you might holler his way as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys and I agree. I have talked to Don before and he has his own springs and also sells carli springs as well. What springs are you guys getting in your setups? IIRC Don's springs are not variable but carli's are.