Mega Cab Traction Bars

RNicol

Growin them Bushels !
I'm looking to put a set of traction bars on my rig here soon. I'll be making my own setup. Just wondering what any of you guys with mega cabs are using... Length, round or square, etc.... I built a set for my old truck and they were 2in square and i really seemed to like them. I like the square look I guess but post up pics of whatever you have.

Just bars

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373943519184.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373943519184.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 0
round, double wall pipe. 6 ft long. Weld one mount to the frame. Bolt the other mount to the bottom of the u-bolts on axle. They work on my puller so they outta work for u just fine.

round, double wall pipe. 6 ft long. Weld one mount to the frame. Bolt the other mount to the bottom of the u-bolts on axle. They work on my puller so they outta work for u just fine.

Thank you, I wasn't sure about the length. How do you do the brackets on the axle? Can't really bolt them on with the threaded end of the U bolts not being down by the axle.. unlike the 2nd gen style. Past trucks I've just welded brackets to the axle.

Thank you, I wasn't sure about the length. How do you do the brackets on the axle? Can't really bolt them on with the threaded end of the U bolts not being down by the axle.. unlike the 2nd gen style. Past trucks I've just welded brackets to the axle.

I think Megatron is running a Dana 80. That's why he can bolt the brackets in.

Maybe a dumb question but on a megacab pulling truck wouldn't the chasis flex be under the cab and not where the cab and bed meet? If you run long bars wouldn't that mess with the frame under the cab.

We build our MC bars at 55" combined length (tube and weld in inserts.) We use Currie Enterprises 1.25" x 2.65"Johnny Joints and their weld in inserts to double wrench em'.

Various frame brackets out there but Synergy MFG frame brackets work REALLY well. We make the axle brackets in house. 1/4" plate 4" tube with about 3" of seperation and that makes for a great angle that doesn't interfere with suspension movement at all on stock height or block-lifted pickups.

tracbar1_zpsc15923ed.jpg.html

tracbar2_zps50eb1095.jpg.html

Back