merc e300 0m606!!!

no i havnt yet, the car is great but the ability to turn it up is important.. Do u think getting the pump to flow a bit more mechanically and fooling the computer a bit to push in more boost and larger charger would be a feasable method to get some decent power out of it?

There is at least one chip out there for the OM606 turbo cars - that's good for ~40hp, IIRC.

Other than that - I'm not sure how far the ECM in one of those will let you take things before it begs for mercy. I'm told that the MAF sensor is only there for emissions purposes - but details on eliminating that or working around it aren't clear. With the VW TDI's you can get a chip tune that eliminates the MAF sensor. Sadly, that level of tuning isn't done with the Mercs to my knowledge.

Keep in mind that the engine/tranny are in constant communication via CANBUS - so at some point you gotta imagine that if the tranny starts slipping from the increased hp/tq - she'll defuel. This is easily defeated with the Duramax/Allison combo - but that type of expertise just doesn't exist on this side of the pond when it comes to the Mercedes diesels. If it does exist - I'll be damned if I can find it.

Lots of folks stateside can tell you 6 ways to Sunday how to work on and maintain an OM606 and the car that surrounds it - but there are very few that can tell you how to crank one up to even a modest 300hp AND keep it all electronic.

The easy out would be to use an injection pump off an OM603 - but then what do you do for the tranny? - it needs lots of CANBUS inputs it just isn't going to get if you slap a mechanical pump on the engine.

This is a subject area that I certainly hope to learn a lot more about. My next daily driver will mostly likely be a Mercedes diesel with an OM606 - I just don't know if it will be an older NA model like a '94 or '95 W124 chassis...or just go for the gusto and get a '98 or '99 W210/OM606.912 combo. The W210's have a LOT of electronics in them compared to the older cars. That scares me just a bit. :kick:

Beers,

Matt

Back