meth nozzle flow?

RedBowTies88

The 3rd slowski
Dealing with a stock turbo chevy, 250psi pump, 40psi boost, 540-550 WHP calculated by track times.

injectors range from 50 to 760 cc/m......i'm new to this what flow do you guys recommend? looking to run a 50/50 mix...

thanks.

I run a 49/51 meth./water mix in my diesel, that is what snow sells as thier boost juice

oh sorry I thought you were asking what mix, not what flow, I have no idea what a gasser would use sorry. My only advice would be to start small and work you way up until it starts missing then back off

It's a durmax haha. I don't know of any other stock turbo chevys that will come close to 500hp lol

Snow performances original kit cam with (2) 625ml nozzles and I found that was fine for max HP as long as you are on it hard.......the new kits use 3 nozzles in more of a ramp up based on boost or EGT.

Jim

Well I'm only really worrie about WOT runs I'm gonna get the 0-25 boost sensor and set it to 25.

Does snow measure in ML per minute?

Thanks it does. Well guess I'm just gonna try to biggest nozzle I can find and wing it

Not a chevy, but I'm running a 625 snow nozzle and a 8xx devils own nozzle. Works great, but you gotta stay heavy in the throttle to keep it from popping.

10-4

i was hoping i could get away with just one nozzle but it looks like ill need at least 1000ml

Has anybody ever ran a "625" or "1000" mL nozzle in a bucket for a minute and seen how much they actually flowed?

Has anybody ever ran a "625" or "1000" mL nozzle in a bucket for a minute and seen how much they actually flowed?

Not sure why I didn't, as that is usually the sort of thing I would do, but I tested mine at install just pulled them out and let them go on the ground and it seemed like a ton of fluid! This was 2-882ml nozzles.

Do you have reason to believe they don't flow what they are rated for? I guess it's a simple enough test, I just figure they are gonna be pretty close so why bother.

how did those 2 880's run on your truck?

Not a chevy, but I'm running a 625 snow nozzle and a 8xx devils own nozzle. Works great, but you gotta stay heavy in the throttle to keep it from popping.

Similar to this. If I have it set to come on too early say 10-15 psi. But at 25psi it works great on the track and the street.

I think I need to put a solenoid on one of the nozzles and use a simple hobbs switch on it. Have the progressive controller come on early with a single nozzle like around 10. Then have the Hobbs switch activate at around 30.

My custom water injection system has the magical ability to turn my engine oil into milkshake, I've been on a quest for a few years to find out why.

I wish I knew how much water other people were actually injecting. I know I can go up to 2/3 GPM, but I also get milkshake down at a pint a minute so flow rate isn't all there is to it.

My custom water injection system has the magical ability to turn my engine oil into milkshake, I've been on a quest for a few years to find out why.

I wish I knew how much water other people were actually injecting. I know I can go up to 2/3 GPM, but I also get milkshake down at a pint a minute so flow rate isn't all there is to it.

sounds like you need better atomizarion....

sounds like you need better atomizarion....

I think it's too good atomization...

IMG_1241.jpg

Look at the cone angle. Maybe it is heavy on the sides. How does it compare fan shape wise to a snow? How did you install it? Maybe back it off a taste.

You must have a real long hose, do other cars tend to run it over when you drive?:stab:

Back