mh slicks

I ran tubes and bead screws.

M&H was pretty insistent on running tubes. I have switched this season to the 12/16 slick and will be trying them tubeless.

I ran tubes and bead screws.

M&H was pretty insistent on running tubes. I have switched this season to the 12/16 slick and will be trying them tubeless.

have you looked at the weight on the 12/16?

I have and decided against them for that reason.

Are you doing the dawn dish soap trick for running tubeless?

Not sure if talking weight rating but no I have not found any such rating for them. However I am 2wd and have ran them on two quad cab full weight 2wd trucks with out issue for them though those had tubes.

I have never really had an issue that I felt I needed to try the dish soap. I ran my 33.5/17/16 on the PS truck tubeless as well. The new M&H's I mounted 3 weeks ago and checked them today both were within less than a 1/4 psi of each other. They were 3 lbs less than the day I mounted and filled them however it is also 20* cooler today as well.

Not sure if talking weight rating but no I have not found any such rating for them. However I am 2wd and have ran them on two quad cab full weight 2wd trucks with out issue for them though those had tubes.

I have never really had an issue that I felt I needed to try the dish soap. I ran my 33.5/17/16 on the PS truck tubeless as well. The new M&H's I mounted 3 weeks ago and checked them today both were within less than a 1/4 psi of each other. They were 3 lbs less than the day I mounted and filled them however it is also 20* cooler today as well.

I'm talking about the weight of the tire itself. It seems like i remember them being quite a bit heavier.

Thanks for the feedback on running tubeless.

I'm talking about the weight of the tire itself. It seems like i remember them being quite a bit heavier.

Thanks for the feedback on running tubeless.

I honestly did not notice that big a difference but considering the actual true contact patch and 1.5" height I think it more than makes up the difference but again I lack the weight of the tube now also.

I wish I had wrote the weights down when I compared them. I just sold the DOT's to a guy who needed them for the TX2K event on his 4wd. I plan to order two new tires for running DOT class's so I will weight them when I do apples to apples.

I just got my nostalgia 12/16 slicks and weighed everything while mounting. The slick weighs 33lbs, the tube is 5lbs. I'm wondering if I need to screw them , and if so do you have to do both sides.

I put 8 screws per side on my mh cheater slicks last week. I bought a wheel template and a couple packs of screws from jegs.

I just got my nostalgia 12/16 slicks and weighed everything while mounting. The slick weighs 33lbs, the tube is 5lbs. I'm wondering if I need to screw them , and if so do you have to do both sides.

Thanks for posting the weights.

I run 8 screws per side and made a template from cardboard to mark the holes evenly. Pre drilled holes and ran acre in/out before mounting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do not run bead screws and happen to spin the tire on the wheel with tubes you can tear the valve stem loose and that is no fun...

Can you elaborate on the dawn dish soap trick? Does this keep the tires from spinning in the rim?

Did you get a weight on the 14/16/30?

I believe they are 23 lbs based on what i've read.

Can you elaborate on the dawn dish soap trick? Does this keep the tires from spinning in the rim?

rub dish soap on the bead to help it seal to the wheel. Helps keep the tire from leaking air, but not sure that it would stop it from spinning. Nice to meet you at Bakersfield by the way.

I've heard spraying windex on the bead acts as lube when installing and dry's/sticks afterwards to keep the bead from spinning. Probably acts the same as the dawn.

Back