Mice

6.4 F-350

I have a odd problem, mice have taken up residence in my gooseneck. I have completely cleaned it out and fixed the chewed wires once. I borrowed it to a friend Sunday, he started having running light problems on his way back home. He pulled it apart last night and the whole back of the trailer was packed along with both side rails, It's a PJ trailer so the side rails are rectangle tubing so it's a clear path front to back one they get in. Any ideas from the masses? :bang

If you have any hedge apple trees around your area, gather up a passel of them when they fall to the ground. Old timers would put these throughout their barn/tractors/equipment to keep mice away. Put a want add up on Craigslist...most people are happy to get the pesky things out of their way.

--Eric

I agree with the moth balls or dryer sheets for prevention, how can I get the little bazturds out? Cat is out of the question, my wife is very allergic to cats. I have crab apple trees, is that what you are talking about?

Air pressure maybe??? Rig a plate with an air fitting on one end of the frame rail and blast a large volume of air down the rail...

I was going to post up a picture, but our internet this am is so dayum slow I can't do anything but type text and wait 5 minutes for it to post. We use "fresh cab" pouches in our camper trailer. It slowed them down a bit but nothing works like sealing them out. If you want to plug a hole for a mouse, stuff the hole with steel wool. Then stick the tube from an expanding foam can in the middle of the wad and fill it up. They won't get through hard foam full of metal.

The only true solution is to trap and kill the little bastards.

Ball ping hammer, flash light, 12 pack/box of wine. Make a romantic night of it with the wife.

I like the spay foam idea also.

I deal with them in my garage, I use bait, as well as traps. Keep it out year round

Now that it's starting to get colder and crops are out the mice have seemed to move into my pole barn. I never really have had an issue with them until this year. I have always had a outside cat around before so I think he was taking care of them. I have set traps and caught several but am looking for another alternative to keep them out. I have considered putting bait stations out but don't necessarily want to go that route having a dog around. Just in case. Maybe I just need to find a few barn cats. Just don't want them crawling on my vehicles.

Might I suggest you acquire a Siberian Husky. The best damn mouser I've ever seen. She caught this pack rat under my flatbed a few days ago. Big enough to need a tag from the wildlife dept.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6102[1].jpg
    IMG_6102[1].jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6103.jpg
    IMG_6103.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0
You should feel bad Jory....The cute little guy just wanted to be your friend!

tumblr_lg7ztbU7k11qzj7lco1_500.jpg

Back