mid-atlantic dyno

94 12valve

Kingpin
First off I would like to thank lloyd for letting me use his dyno for some dv testing this weekend. I made a total of 5 pulls 2 with the industrial dv's and 3 with a set of full cuts.

On my last dyno in july I made 570 rwhp and 1077 ft/lbs of torque, since that last run I dual feed my 175 pump and changed to a 33x12.5x16.5 tire.

the first run the afc was full back and the 2nd run and 3rd was slid full forward. The 33inch tires ended up costing 19hp

1st run 548 hp and 1001 ft/lbs
2nd run 551 hp and 1022 ft/lbs
3rd run 550 hp and 1028 ft/lbs

video of the 2nd pull

the 4th run the afc was full forward with the full cuts added and the 5th was full back with the full cuts

video of the 4th pull

4th run 556 hp and 1039 ft/lbs
5th run 555 hp and 1024 ft/lbs

the full cuts added way more fuel and actually spooled my s465 faster than the industrial dv's did. After talking to lloyd and looking at the dyno sheets we think the 4k I have are cutting the fuel to soon on the top end and I should try a few extra clicks. I didn't get the results I wanted with the full cuts but now I have somewhere else to look.

again I would like to thank lloyd for taking time out of his weekend to help me with my goals ... and I think we both learned a lesson on why you don't wanna stick towels down a stack LOL I will catch fire

Attachments

• dvtest.jpg
    dvtest.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 22
  • fullcuts.jpg
    fullcuts.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
LOL sorry It has been a long day I forgot to mention I had a tire blow out on the way down there

Cool deal Dave! Can you link the picture of the industrial delivery valves again? Thanks for the efforts man!

RQV_004.jpg

I beg you please, tell what secrets the dyno ninja did share!:evil

we shall see in oct if he has the test n tune how she runs then ... that was your white truck in his shop right? if so that is one sharp looking truck, its just missing some parts at the moment:poke:

no, that was SHughes' truck. lol. :D Sorry Scott, had to lol.

Dave, it was not a problem at all taking care of that for you. Now, if we can get the 12v trucks to run a little cooler and stop burning up towels. lol

dyno ninja + :nos: + :ft: + :st: + :drive: + :tree: + :Cheer: = much much powers. :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

:hehe: I could always put some water injection inside the stack ... at least it would put the fire out

well I tried more clicks on the gov springs and that did not help, I ended up just reseting them to what I had before. So I let it sit for a while trying to figure out what else it could be. drove it friday night for the first time in 3 weeks ... and the truck ran beter than it ever has before. I found a good size hill and did a 4th gear pull resulting in me spinning my 33x12.5 bfg's at 50 mph. my max boost before friday night was 36 psi, I gained another 19 psi for a total of 55.

other than the outside temp was 15* cooler than the last time I drove it everything else was the same. I think my shut down was not pulling up all the way:bang ( should have checked this a lot sooner).I think this was my problem all along, the shut down must have had a dead spot in it.

Back