Mightydiesel.com head bolts? and 4k GSK?

Penni

I was looking at mightydiesel.com and they have a set of head bolts that are only 130 bucks, and they say they run them in their own pulling truck and they do just fine? i didnt know if anyone has had experience with these or not? and if so are they any good or should i just go with ARP studs?
and also the 4k GSK on mighty diesel is only 90 bucks didnt know if this was a good buy or not? opinions will be greatly appreciated!

I was looking at mightydiesel.com and they have a set of head bolts that are only 130 bucks, and they say they run them in their own pulling truck and they do just fine? i didnt know if anyone has had experience with these or not? and if so are they any good or should i just go with ARP studs?
and also the 4k GSK on mighty diesel is only 90 bucks didnt know if this was a good buy or not? opinions will be greatly appreciated!

How much boost, and what kinda power is their truck making? There are some freakishly powerful 12v's out there on stock bolts.

How much boost, and what kinda power is their truck making? There are some freakishly powerful 12v's out there on stock bolts.
my truck makes 50 pounds of boost on the stock hx-35... the truck is a since retired pulling truck that is now my daily driver... the guy i bought the truck from said he torqued the stock bolts each a quarter turn over.. and he told me the truck gets about 350hp or more to the wheels? i have not dynoed the truck to actually find out for sure though
right now i have way too much fuel for the 35 to handle and im thinking a turbo upgrade is necessary to clear up all the smoke and make some more power; however i didnt know what route i should take on the head stud/head bolts...

timbeaux is right.....my own 12v half ton conversion runs stock head bolts. motor was built buy jeff garmons shop. truck has run as well as 11.90s with a lil spray through the intercooler and dynoed 49xhp/996 ft lb fuel only.

i think the biggest key is patience in torque sequence. id probably call them and pick their brain, then call garmons and get the super secret sequence! good luck

Bout time u got a account man these guys know their stuff on here.
tarter... where did you get your 60lb springs and your 4k GSK kit from? im looking at that Mightydiesel.com website and they have everything but its kinda cheap didn't know if its all still good quality or not?

mighty diesel says they run these in there pullers at 70+ pounds of boost, im planning on using them in my truck and would be comfortable running 50 or 60lbs with them, the biggest thing imo is making sure the head is good and flat and torquing them down right, as for your 35 pushing 50lbs that thing is way out of its map, they perform best around 32 or 35lbs and at 50 its just blowing alot of super heated air

I run 60+ lbs in my DD on stock bolts that Garmon torqued for me... I have seen stock bolts hold well over 120+ too. Do a search on here.

They are just Allen head bolts that are the same size as stock bolts. The GSM is most likely a package break item which is quality

what would you guys recommend as for a turbo upgrade that will handle the amount of fuel i have, tof course in doing so i will have to worry a little about the head bolts or am i wrong? im not looking for crazy power just wanna clear up some of the smoke cause i know im working that hx-35 too hard right now...
and also, with a bigger turbo will i need to get the head o-ringed and 60lb springs installed?

Yea those are just an allen head bolt. Slightly higher tensile than a grade 8. Better make sure you lube the threads very well.

Stupid phone and its predictive text. I ment the gsk is most likely a pac break product and they have served many people very well

what would you guys recommend as for a turbo upgrade that will handle the amount of fuel i have, tof course in doing so i will have to worry a little about the head bolts or am i wrong? im not looking for crazy power just wanna clear up some of the smoke cause i know im working that hx-35 too hard right now...
and also, with a bigger turbo will i need to get the head o-ringed and 60lb springs installed?

what "hot p7100" do you have and what exactly are "big sticks"? also, what is the timing set at?

Garrett

the sticks are 370 marines... not huge i know.. and the p7100 is a 215 with some work done to it.. when i bought the truck i didn't know what questions to ask... it was a pulling truck and now its my daily driver... and the timing... i have never even looked at what it is set at, i know it is one hell of a ***** to start in the cold weather tho...

I run 60+ lbs in my DD on stock bolts that Garmon torqued for me... I have seen stock bolts hold well over 120+ too. Do a search on here.

Were these engines that were holding over 120psi, with o-rings or fire rings of any kind? I highly doubt just a retorqued stock type head bolt will hold over 120psi very long. I have seen stock bolts with no o-rings hold 65-80psi, but it's a matter of time before the HG blows. LOL

They didnt work so well for my bud at 55psi on a hx35 and 23* of timing....

PM Snedge to get the best price I found on 60# valve springs and PacBrake brand 4k GSK.

Were these engines that were holding over 120psi, with o-rings or fire rings of any kind? I highly doubt just a retorqued stock type head bolt will hold over 120psi very long. I have seen stock bolts with no o-rings hold 65-80psi, but it's a matter of time before the HG blows. LOL

I think he is talking 120+ ftlbs not psi.

I bought my 4k GSK from mightydiesel yesterday and they were at my house today when I got home from work! Super fast shipping and they are PAC brake brand.

-French

Back