Mild 4bt build combination?

Morse

Diesel
A friend of mine just bought a bread truck with the 4bt to use as a project. He's ready to order parts, though I'm not sure what he needs. I have no experience with the 4bt. It has the rotary pump. He said he'd like atleast 200 hp, but his main goal is fuel mileage. Are the rotary pumps very similar to the 5.9's with the rotary. Where can I get parts for that pump? What does he need? I had read an he341 would work well. Is this true, or is there another single that would work better? I'll have DDP make me a set of injectors. What size? I'm sorry for sounding like a newbie, but I've never played with one. All help is appreciated.

Take pretty much everything you've learned about 12 valves and knock two cylinders off.

Good fuel supply pump, 6x16 injectors or so. 3200 spring, You can grind the fuel pen. 200hp would be no prob at all, could prob go with a smaller injector for mileage. If you have any question you can PM me for my number.

Thank you for your responses.. Is the HE341 a good choice for this motor?

Thank you for your responses.. Is the HE341 a good choice for this motor?
Not sure what exhaust housing/wheel that is off the top of my head, but I can't see it being a bad choice.

Same specs as an he351 excluding the compressor wheel. Dont quote me on that though.

yeah its a great turbo for the 4bt. it has a 9cm turbine housing and either a 54 or 56 wheel on the compressor side.

I got a complete 4b and another one minus the head and pump for sale for $1000 bucks if ya'll need another engine

What's he putting the motor in? Or is he hopping up the bread truck? :evil

I have a HE341 in the garage and it measures 56 or 57mm on the compressor side without taking it apart...

Lavon

Yes the he341 works great on the 4bt. With an he341, some good injectors, stage 2 denny t fuel pin, 3200 spring and tuning will get you right around 225hp. That combo has been done by alot of people.

Thanks everone. Is the fuel pin and 3200 spring the exact same as the rotary 5.9's?

I have a lot of really good cam grinds for the 4BT. been doing them for about 4 years now

What's he putting the motor in? Or is he hopping up the bread truck? :evil
Id rather see a fast as bread truck.... man no one would see that coming.. could you imagine lining up next to a mustang or a camaro in a bread truck and just dusting em

Back