Milled head/oversized valves

StainlessRRA

Advocatus diaboli
I've already got a little head work done to my truck but lately I've been looking at getting a core head and going with oversized valves, a side draft and obviously a full port/polish job. I've got an idea if what size valves I'd like to go with, but I'd love some other opinions first. What size valves would you guys prefer on a daily driver truck? Keep in mind I live at altitude and run a single turbo with 200ish hp injectors. Drive ability with less smoke is my goal.

Also, what is a milled/ported/polished head with larger valves worth? Don't include the price of a side draft into this.

Thanks, Kyle.

Also, what is a milled/ported/polished head with larger valves worth? Don't include the price of a side draft into this.

Thanks, Kyle.

I have around $3k in mine, not including the side intake. That's port, valve, seats, etc.

Seems like a good excuse for us to raise a little hell! My buddy Steveo does this type of stuff for a living and has been chomping at the bit to build a head for my truck. I think I'll have to take him up on it.

That's what I needed to hear! Sure is a lot of money into a head.

Yeah, I did everything overboard so I'd never have the urge to go back under the hood. (Unless I have to... :doh:) I noticed my overall level of boost went down a few lbs after having it done. I'm very happy with it. If I can get into my archives (I hid the receipt from my wife) I'll PM you the Invoice.

Alot of it depends on the quality of valves. I have $1800 in just my valves, locks, spring and retainers. Of course they are a very high quality valve.

Thanks Lance! I'm just really wanting to clean up the fuel that I have. With my set-up I believe it would make a huge difference.

Back