mini maxx or spartan???

ka rainwater

looks like i'm going with a 6.4...the 6.7s are still a little pricey for me so which tuner do you reccomend for the 6.4....seems mini maxx and spartan are the most popular...opinions??

looks like i'm going with a 6.4...the 6.7s are still a little pricey for me so which tuner do you reccomend for the 6.4....seems mini maxx and spartan are the most popular...opinions??

I wasn't overly impressed with Spartan tuning on my 08, it's pretty complicated to load and change tunes and the truck used to buck like a bronco when I was pulling my gooseneck. I have a H&S in my Mega Cab and I love how simple and easy it is to use. Keep in mind that I had older tunes in my 08 when I sold it a year ago, I have heard that Spartan has updated them and they are better now. Just my $.02.

Don't have to pay $ to swap the tuner into another truck with H&S.... H&S also doesn't fry the TCM if it somehow loses communication while uploading....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

My experience with 6.4 stops at what I have helped a friend do to his old truck. He ran spartan tunes for a while then switched to H&S. I drove the truck with both different tunes.

That said, the spartan tune he was running was annoying as hell. Fueled very hard with little throttle input and partial throttle acceleration was damn near impossible because the truck bucked so damn hard.

The H&S tunes were not as fast, but waaaay smoother. I hated the spartan tuning on his truck

Back