MIR Sticky Track!

NickTF

Single turbo turd.
Well I had the pleasure of getting a call from my buddy Sal Patel to go serve in his crew for his real street twin turbo viper. He managed a best 1/8th of 4.76 despite having to delay full boost in the car due to pulling the wheels off the ground about 80' out (first IRS car I have seen do that). Was a really productive day for him and the car ironing some issues out with the new setup.

However, I learned something yesterday ha! Maryland International Raceway is an extremely sticky track! The first pass I was the front line up guy and when I walked out in front of the car I got stuck to the track so bad I couldn't move ha! Pulled part of the soles right off my shoes lmao. I will post up the video when it becomes available which I am hoping it will be. Too damn funny!

Moral of the story if you can't hook at MIR you need to adjust the chassis big time!

Last edited:
Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

I wonder how it compares to Norwalk?

yeah you have to make sure to walk heel toe when at the start line or you might not make it off the track. you feel like you are walking on fly paper.

Holy poo is that thing fast...wish I could run 7.63.....and I'm talking about 1/8th mile! :hehe:

Holy poo is that thing fast...wish I could run 7.63.....and I'm talking about 1/8th mile! :hehe:

His best previous 1/8th was 7.92 or so on his way to a 7.50s at ~191 with the old setup. If he gets this car figured out and is able to put the boost in sooner lookout!

I know how you feel, oh how slow everything i've ever been on or driven seems when being around this car lol

MIR is one of the nicest facilities I have ever been to from just maintenance to track prep. Jason Miller and the whole team there work their asses off to keep it in tip top shape.
On another note, Sal's car is one of the nastiest street cars I've ever seen!

Back