Miss and power loss

Sutter1stgen

Short for my weight
Hey guys recently did a filter change. Went to go cruise the tuck home and it had a miss at about 2500'rpm. The miss goes away when I put a load on the truck. But later on down the line she loses power around 80 really hard. I'm running 6x16s and this was with the ksb off. Wondering where to start. I e never really taken it that far up with these injectors without the ksb on. Maybe that's why it felt unpowerfull at 80mph+. But I can't figure the cruising speed high rpm miss. Thanks

Eric

Always go back to the last thing you changed before the problem showed up. Fuel filters are cheap enough to change it again. That will eliminate that possibility.

It's ran fine. I've never opened it up without the ksb on. So I'll check that later. But the miss with no load at high rpm has me baffled. I'm hoping it's not something serious with the 8th coming soon.

Is The water release lever pulled down all the way? Happened to me.

Yeah its nice and tight. Maybe I don't have enough timing and I finally noticed it now while messing with a new driving style.

Do you still have the fuel heater above the filter? That thing has it's own o-ring that can let air in after a filter change.

Well I'm starting to think that the problem may have started when I put the big injectors in. I just don't get on it unless the ksb is on. And I don't cruise over 2000rpm much ever since I put the 518 in here. So maybe me screwing around had me find a quirk that the truck had. I'm starting to think it's a timing problem. Maybe a lack of timing, like oldest of 11 Said earlier. I need to jump a tooth at least with these 6x16s just haven't got to it yet. Thanks guys for all your input.

Eric.

I know it's apples to oranges, but my 95 with stock delivery valves and big injectors would pop and miss when you revved it in neutral. Putting dv's in solved the problem, just gotta see what it likes.

As an FYI, I never saw any more power with those 6x16s until I skipped a tooth.

I know it's apples to oranges, but my 95 with stock delivery valves and big injectors would pop and miss when you revved it in neutral. Putting dv's in solved the problem, just gotta see what it likes.

As an FYI, I never saw any more power with those 6x16s until I skipped a tooth.

I can feel a difference down low. But it bogs down in the upper end. Now with the ksb on it pulls right on through the top end. Im going to try and skip a tooth before I head up for the 8th. Just trying to find time. Never done it before only watched.

Back