miss at idle

northernslope

lookin for snow eh!
2000 ram 24v 150k severe miss and surge at idle clears up above 1500 rpm runs real strong and has some good power going down the highway but runs like garbage at idle, dealer replaced lift pump with a napa on block replacment. no codes did injector kill test with drb3 and had real weak change on 4 cylinders had injectors removed and pop tested. was told the injectors were junk. replaced all 6 with new bosch injectors ran great going down the road but still pops and surges at idle. re ran injector kill and have it down to just cylinders 4 and 5 being the problem. was told it was the vp44 causing my issue but i am not sold 100% any other ideas on what else i should check ??

What codes do you get? It sounds like it could be a crank/cam sensor issue.

I have similar problem. check your voltage going into ecm and voltage suppling vp. I have 13.46 going to ecm and 11.49 coming out to supply vp. Has to be bad conector pin.

checked power and ground at vp made some calls and replace vp44 after replacement ran great and has all the power with no miss just happy to have it fixed

Back