Miss/Shudder and no power

fordassassin

FordAssassin
Was doing speed limit the whole way home and all of a sudden 3 streets down from my house doing 45, the truck started stubbling and shuddering. Got to the stop and the rpms started jumping around. I thought I melted a piston or something happened, but I never even got on it.

1 street down and it was fine. No more missing or stubbling or shudder. Seems like a wire got loose or something. What do you guys think happened? Here are 3 codes that popped up.

Got 3 codes that popped up.

* P 2149
* P 0336(been hearing this one a lot lately on CF).
* P 2509 (Data or Power loss) usually battery related.

I checked everything. I thought maybe the TST came loose where it plugs into cam or crank sensor. So I took it off and plugged back in. (NOTE: I HAVE YET TO USE THE TST!!! I've only used it for 1 minute the 1st day I bought it).

Drove truck after checking injector harness and solenoids. The problem hasn't happened since then. But what caused those codes? Did I hurt something? Also, every time I go to start the truck, seems the ECM restarts. The speedo goes to 120 and rpms go to 5k and then come back down. Just like when you leave the batteries unhooked and let the power drain out of truck.

I took TST off since the truck did the same thing again on a VERY BUMPY road. And it would still keep shaking.

Checked the codes and 2 had to do with the MAF sensor being unplugged. Explains the NO POWER. Well every time I move that MAF sensor harness from where the alternator is. The truck idles fine, when I let it go. It goes back to rough. CAN THE MAF SENSOR(Intake) HARNESS BE REPLACED OR REWIRED?

I noticed that harness runs all the way to the drivers side. Where else does it plug into on the passenger side other than my intake sensor? Does it plug into alternator?

Back