missing gm headlight???

Phooker

Gluten Free
How come you see a bunch of gm's take out the right headlight when @ the strip?:bang

Just a cheap and simple way to get more air to the intake ducting...:)

never thought of that...mostly see chebby and gimmick fellers doin it though...:shake: :shake: :shake:

It's a fashion statement :shake:

cwg.JPG

are the headlights as hard to pull off as they are on the OBS style chevys?

BFD99 said:
are the headlights as hard to pull off as they are on the OBS style chevys?

I don't know about the OBS style chevy's. But it's just two long pins and unpluging it. Even I can do it :hehe:

ya see though...nobody races the obs style...so no need to worry bout more cool air.

Because everyone has that one buddy that's a bull****ter and always winking at somebody when telling tall tales.

I always thought it was because when the new bodystyle first came out almost half the ones on the road had the left front running light burned out and they were just trying to balance them out :)

George

Since everyone just posting BS, I'll set the record straight.

We pull the headlight to provide additional cooling for the passenger side cylinder head, which gets hotter because it's closer to the exhaust riser pipe.

Since the heads are aluminum we are worried about them melting.

Ahhh, I just figured it was for more airflow. I don't know nuthin about the newer GM's and figured maybe folks cut out the front of the air box and removed the headlight and had cheap ram air.

McRat, ever thought about installing a cowl inductino hood to help get rid of some of the heat under there? Just curious if heating is (or may be) an issue.

George

I was just kidding. :D

Yes, it's for more airflow to the intake, and is worth about 0.1 seconds.

my truck is running so much better after my accident which broke my right headlight :hehe:

Fletcher said:
to cool the VP-44

I thought it was on the other side.:poke:

On a side note this gives me the chance to ask something that has been bugging me. How come i always see gm trucks and suvs with only one side on? Is it a safty feature that has to do with visibility?

inline6359 said:
On a side note this gives me the chance to ask something that has been bugging me. How come i always see gm trucks and suvs with only one side on? Is it a safty feature that has to do with visibility?

Most likely one side just burnt out.

inline6359 said:
I thought it was on the other side.:poke:

come to think of it, I'm not exactly sure where it's mounted , the v-6 pumps are hard to find

Back