MITUSA vs Modded Stock Pump in a Farm/Workhorse Truck

Bersaglieri

Ron Swanson's Brother
I've been in need of some fuel pressure for a while now. I've got 50psi or so at idle, but on pulls it'll go to 0psi. I shimmed/spring'ed the stock OFV which helped but didn't fix the issue. As I recall shimming raised the idle psi and simply reached zero later in the pull.

I've got a MITUSA [Fuel Boss] belt driven pump here but I'm reading it's not supposed to pull through filter head setups like the ones I planned to install. Something else I read was some were using electric pumps to prime it on start up due to leak down? I'm thinking it's overkill for my power level and more complicated than I want for what I do.

What do you guys think about a PDD or modded stock pump [Comp 975 spring] and using the factory filter system after the lift pump as an alternative? Can I simply install the $4 spring in my stock pump or do I need a fresh one to work with? This should cover my fuel needs while being relatively simple and reliable, just how I like my 12v stuff.

If I do this I was planning on a Beans sump, 1/2" fuel line to the lift pump and a Tork Tek OFV I've had for a while.

180hp pump Mack plug, AFC work, and 4000GSK, 5x.014 .010 lift, HX35-14 and HT3B-26 compounds, G56 trans, 17.5 timing. [7mm delivery valves to install once fuel is available]. It's mostly a work/farm truck. I tow with it, sometimes take long trips and...occasionally goof off.

Back