MMTTPA Tipton, MO May 17 2.6 1st-$1025 ,2nd $625

The other turbos fit our rules. Just not the other way around.

Yes, but a turbo built to the MMTPA rules will produce more HP that one that fits the other orgs.

Kind of like folks that run a silver bullet turbo in a 2.6 protrusion class. Yes the silver bullet will fit the rules, but will be handicapping the class.

Might be a better thing for MMTPA to allow the protrusion trucks to weigh a couple hundred pounds more. Thoughts?

I Don't think there is much difference. There is more difference in chassis setup on trucks, than the the power makes. The people that are not running protrustion turbos, are the ones that are running a s475/480, That just have a cut cover to meet the rules. Keeps the cost of a turbo way down. $1000 in a turbo to go pull, or $4500 to go protrusion.

I Don't think there is much difference. There is more difference in chassis setup on trucks, than the the power makes. The people that are not running protrustion turbos, are the ones that are running a s475/480, That just have a cut cover to meet the rules. Keeps the cost of a turbo way down. $1000 in a turbo to go pull, or $4500 to go protrusion.

Assuming that folks are just running a cast 75 with a stepped cover.
I would venture to say that some of the folks, have more than $1000 in the stepped cover turbos. Wouldn't be surprised if there are some billet 80's out there.

Last edited:
At the same time people are not keeping the cast wheel in the hx60s or the precisions. I am sure you are right about the billet wheel some will have them. But at the same hand most protrusion 2.6 turbos have a native wheel size of 3.4 or so and are taller than needed so they can be clipped.<this is assuming you have a forward facing mwe grove that is about .200 and a 2.6 bore ring that is about .200 thick.> The turbo rules in our org have not changed from the time this class was started 4 years ago.

At the same time people are not keeping the cast wheel in the hx60s or the precisions. I am sure you are right about the billet wheel some will have them. But at the same hand most protrusion 2.6 turbos have a native wheel size of 3.4 or so and are taller than needed so they can be clipped.<this is assuming you have a forward facing mwe grove that is about .200 and a 2.6 bore ring that is about .200 thick.> The turbo rules in our org have not changed from the time this class was started 4 years ago.

You had mentioned $1000 turbos being used, and those same $1000 turbos(or close) could be used for protrusion. I think I paid $250 to have a wheel clipped, and a insert made. However if you start talking billet, the $1000 price cap kind of becomes out of reach.

The same can be said about a non protrusion compressor wheels, they can be larger, taller tip heights, have unique MWE etc.

MMTPA is just the odd group out with the 2.6 turbo rule, at least when compared to competitive organizations.

Last edited:
Bigger and better event with diesel drag racing and sled pulling is at Gateway Speedway that same night. You should come on out since a big organization has made it to your home state.

Attachments

• MWTN-2014-Poster-Web-450.jpg
    MWTN-2014-Poster-Web-450.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 0
Bigger and better event with diesel drag racing and sled pulling is at Gateway Speedway that same night. You should come on out since a big organization has made it to your home state.

Why would I go out of my way for that. Drive 2 hours away for less payout and to pull on a fresh track. I am only 10 min from the Tipton pull and know that the track will be good.

You had mentioned $1000 turbos being used, and those same $1000 turbos(or close) could be used for protrusion. I think I paid $250 to have a wheel clipped, and a insert made. However if you start talking billet, the $1000 price cap kind of becomes out of reach.

The same can be said about a non protrusion compressor wheels, they can be larger, taller tip heights, have unique MWE etc.

MMTPA is just the odd group out with the 2.6 turbo rule, at least when compared to competitive organizations.

We are the last ones that have the rule like it is. But that is the way is it for this year at least. The big thing is we did not want everyone to have to buy new turbos if they did not want to. If people wanted to buy a new turbo for the protrusion rule then they could still run one. Just like the silver bullet thing, it fits the protrusion rule, but it is not the best turbo for the ppl rules.

Why would I go out of my way for that. Drive 2 hours away for less payout and to pull on a fresh track. I am only 10 min from the Tipton pull and know that the track will be good.

You drive out of your way for an nadm event in other states. Figured you could get a taste of a real event with real competition.

I also have driven out of my way for other events. But I can not justify driving by an event that pays better to go to one that is farther away. We have had our fair share of competition. As for real event I am sure that they all have been real. Show up, hook to sled, pull, go home. Some times you win and nothing breaks. Sometimes not so much.

Thats dang good pay out for mmttpa pull. I didn't know till now they hadn't adopted the new turbo rule yet. May have to dust off the ole truck.

Thats dang good pay out for mmttpa pull. I didn't know till now they hadn't adopted the new turbo rule yet. May have to dust off the ole truck.

Well of course it is. I'm sure nadm threw some extra money at it because they knew NHRDA had an event in St. Louis the same day. That's the kind of scum bag Ron Knochs and the nadm are. He'd rather see everything fail if he's not on top.

2001cummins yes you can get tickets for the St. Louis event at the gate. Gilmore and crew will be in St. Louis. come on down. Lots of the industries biggest diesel manufactures will all be there in attendance. ACTUALLY I think Brad from G&J will have the MBRP Drag truck and that new sweet car. Scheid will have their pulling trucks and dragster there as well.

Last edited:
Thinking about it. My wife and I have a-week-old newborn so we'll see but I'd like to come down there.

Well of course it is. I'm sure nadm threw some extra money at it because they knew NHRDA had an event in St. Louis the same day. That's the kind of scum bag Ron Knochs and the nadm are. He'd rather see everything fail if he's not on top.

2001cummins yes you can get tickets for the St. Louis event at the gate. Gilmore and crew will be in St. Louis. come on down. Lots of the industries biggest diesel manufactures will all be there in attendance. ACTUALLY I think Brad from G&J will have the MBRP Drag truck and that new sweet car. Scheid will have their pulling trucks and dragster there as well.

Dont forget to purchase your tickets in advance and save 20% off admission and $5 off on tech cards

Use promo code - NHRDA

Click here - http://www.eventbrite.com/e/mid-west-truckin-nationals-tickets-9699480407?aff=eorg

10300279_704755856251573_3084437740716163933_n.jpg

Back