Modified Rail(s)

TCDiesel

Home of the Gold Pumps
Rail coating, the factory rail Has no inner coating, it is polish Machined. A simple test will confirm this, Plug the 1st and 6th injector nozzles, and feed bung, add 2oz of water, Corrosion and rust will form in Hours,(If you Do this You will cause inner rail Damage) any type of inner coating would be subject to many types of detergents that are in additive’s and Fuel, this is why WIF is so critical for CRs and so damaging to the system when water has contaminate the fuel. If the coating was to not adhere correctly the entire fuel system and engine is at risk. Most manufacturers DO NOT RECOMMEND additive.
Bosch certainly would have the technology to create a inner coating that is not subject to water corrosion if it was necessary to protect the inner-rail, at the risk of catastrophic engine failure. Correct machining is the answer to eliminating ANY inner coatings (factory Rails DO NOT have). Coatings may flake off or decay and cause injector failure OR worst.
Inner coatings would Not last Long with wave phenomena that may occur in the system, It can be assumed and hard to explain the main behavior of the system, but reliable detailed information about the conditions in the rail may not be available …

So in conclusion Keep the water out, and the factory Inner Finish, All T&C modified Rails are Build on this Platform.
This is somewhat old and can be legally Posted , The ISB 5.9 CR system is some what different, But built on the same Platform ( Check out the relationship between Injector Pulse-with and Wave phenomena.
its somewhat deep but what great reading.WOW this system is so complex.
(Its Great to Be Here).
This file is to Big for this forum, So here is a link. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=41862&d=1183850051

TCDiesel said:
Rail coating, the factory rail Has no inner coating, it is polish Machined. A simple test will confirm this, Plug the 1st and 6th injector nozzles, and feed bung, add 2oz of water, Corrosion and rust will form in Hours,(If you Do this You will cause inner rail Damage) any type of inner coating would be subject to many types of detergents that are in additive’s and Fuel, this is why WIF is so critical for CRs and so damaging to the system when water has contaminate the fuel. If the coating was to not adhere correctly the entire fuel system and engine is at risk. Most manufacturers DO NOT RECOMMEND additive.
Bosch certainly would have the technology to create a inner coating that is not subject to water corrosion if it was necessary to protect the inner-rail, at the risk of catastrophic engine failure. Correct machining is the answer to eliminating ANY inner coatings (factory Rails DO NOT have). Coatings may flake off or decay and cause injector failure OR worst.
Inner coatings would Not last Long with wave phenomena that may occur in the system, It can be assumed and hard to explain the main behavior of the system, but reliable detailed information about the conditions in the rail may not be available …

So in conclusion Keep the water out, and the factory Inner Finish, All T&C modified Rails are Build on this Platform.
This is somewhat old and can be legally Posted , The ISB 5.9 CR system is some what different, But built on the same Platform ( Check out the relationship between Injector Pulse-with and Wave phenomena.
its somewhat deep but what great reading.WOW this system is so complex.
(Its Great to Be Here).
This file is to Big for this forum, So here is a link. http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=41862&d=1183850051
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:evil :evil :evil

So how does a guy KEEP the water out? Even with seperator's and filters in place, water and algae get through. So what is the molecular make up of the bosch rail? Metals are molecular. Porus no matter what "finish" it has. What process do "you" use to mod a rail? You must not be a machinist. Making the statement that a coating would not hold up in a CR fuel system. You are difinately behind by about 15 yrs in technology. There have been coatings in the chemical field 1000 times harder than diamonds. What do you suppose they use in the processing of Jet fuel. Have you ever stood under a super heated transfer pipe in an Ultra Cracker unit? I HAVE. The coatings used in that pipe are designed to last years at 1000's of degree's 24 hours a day. YOUR POST SEEMS LIKE AN ADVERTISEMENT TO ME..?:pop:

I found some from the Planet Krypton and had it machined into the 5.9 CR, but it rob it of all the awesome power it had,and all my hair fell out and Now I spent days looking at the X-rays and giving forgiveness to those I never granted it Before also doing all the things I never did before.But I have coated it with unknown coating and it save the world,I have went skydiving with it and Mountain climbing with it,and Drag racing, sled Pulling with it (TM) and now have to build a New addition to the House before I Die to hold all the trophies its going to win.

Back