Modulating/ condensing high efficient boiler

rgullett83

I ha've a munchkin contender MC80 boiler for sale. Propane fed, 80000 btu. 2 years old. Also it's a wall hung unit, doesn't take up much space. Can be used to supply domestic hot water as well as zoning. Reason for selling is it is undersized for my shop. I bought a 120000 btu boiler to put in its place. $1700 obo. Located in Robinson il

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358873191766.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358873191766.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 0
You might want to list accessories that you have also. I think the concentric kit alone was over $300 for those boilers. Not a bad little boiler for the money. One thing I have found is the rated output of any of the modulating boilers falls a little short in the real world. The incoming water temps are a huge factor and it seems they all skew the numbers in their favor.

Ok thanks sinner. Factory concentric comes with. We left enough pvc to allow couplings to be added for the next install. I bought an mc120, and physical dimensions were the same as the 80, so I did not have to make any plumbing changes. This is boiler only, no pumps, air separators, bladder tanks etc..

Here is what it looks like setup in my shop

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358910676429.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358910676429.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
What is the efficiency rating on this? Also what is the difference between these and the ones I can buy at menards?

What is the concentric kit? Allow the inlet and outlet to come right in the top?

Up to 95% efficient is what they claim. I have no clue what menards has for boilers, so I cant answer that question.

40x60 with 16' ceilings. Part of my problem is heat loss due to my poor choice of insulation under my slab

Are you calculating your BTU requirements or is someone doing it for you? A building that size would require a 94000 BTU boiler if the entire building was insulated to R19 value with NO doors or windows.

Factor in a walk door and 2 12 x 10 garage doors in your climate and the calculator spits out over 150k BTU's. A boiler pushed to the limit like even your new 120k is horribly inefficient.

Sinner it has been done for me and I am realizing that now, and its costing me. I have 2 12'x14' overhead doors, 2 standard walk through doors, and 4 36"x36" windows. R 19 bats in the walls and 18" of blown in fiberglass in my ceiling. 2" xps vertically around the perimeter and foil faced double bubble under the slab.

It's insulated well. But the roll ups are killing you. Do you use them every day or are some left closed for periods of time? I made some curtains for my doors from some 12, x 12' concrete blankets. Not a realistic solution for a daily use door but if even one can be improved you will see an improvement.

depends. I work 4-10s monday-thursday at my day job. Here lately the shop stays shut up for that period. However friday-sunday they get opened quite frequently depending on how many trucks i have to work on. I currently am seeing a 30* difference between my supply and return temps, measured at the boiler.

Back