Monitoring Eot Vs. Ect, Maximum Difference Of 15 Degrees

PSDPlayer

Captain Negativity!
20620 Coolant Loss - 6.0l Tsb 08-11-3 Correction/update
When Performing Tsb 08-11-3 Steps 5 And 6, For Monitoring Eot Vs. Ect, Please Use The Revised Specification Of A Maximum Difference Of 15 Degrees During The Test. It Is Important To Complete All Steps In The Order As Outlined. If Steps 5 And 6 Are Performed Prior To Being Directed To Do So, The Test Results Will Be Negatively Affected And May Lead To An Improper Diagnosis. Tsb 08-11-3 Is In Process Of Being Updated. Monitor Oasis For Updates.
Effective Date: 01/16/2009

Even with a new oil cooler, EGR delete, etc mine will get a bigger split then that. It would stay pretty close to the previous range of 25 degrees, but unless my oil temp gauge is off a fair bit, something is up.

Currently some BS rigged setup into the drain plug location for the Oil temp. Been wanting to change it, but unsure where the best location to go with is. Coolant temp was just off of the SCT monitoring datalog mode. I've seen it go as hot as 240 towing 8-9k pounds, and even once to 250ish towing 11-12k pounds, didnt seem to change much being stock tuned, or with my DJ tow tune.

Thats a little warm. Even towing a 3500lb 20 foot enclosed trailer at 92mph it didn't get past 210.

Do i have any better options for oil temp sensor locations Doug? Or is this the "norm"?

Put it in the oil cooler housing or on top of the oil filter cap. Oil normally runs 10 degrees hotter than the coolant.

Back