Monotherms

DieselLance

I know there was half a dozen sets made and handed out but only a couple sets actually made it into engines or reported back to Mahle

Does anyone know who or where a set is sitting on someones shelf ?

stock bore would be great but will bore if needed...

I don't think you will find many that have them on the shelf. As of a couple of months ago, they were still available through distributors. Not sure right at the moment though.

There are a lot more produced then you mentioned. They are/were available in both the 03-04 bowl, as well as the later bowl. You can get them with or without valve reliefs.

Sorry I'm not much help...

Paul

Paul,

Looking for Duramax Monotherms, hence the "GM Competition and Performance" forum

thanks though

My bad! I did say I was sorry for not being much help though... :)

its all good, i have a few days to find them or a unicorn......the new forged slugs will be ordered next monday

Did you try SoCal diesel? Seems to me they were getting a set in to experiment with. Might have a good idea if it's what you want. I know they really had to scratch to get the weight where they needed.

Last edited:
Pistons

Do yourself a favor and just call Arias and get some pistons. You will be very happy you did. They are the lightest at 750 grams and the strongest. I have run the same pistons since 2009! I finally had to do a new block but it's the same pistons. I don't get anything from arias for free or even a discount from them but they are the best bar none. Just give them a call and ask for Nick and get something you will be happy with. You will also save yourself some money. Jeff

JE make some really good pistons and they are available in any bore and compression height. With any bowl design you can dream up.
Here are the ones I designed and use. I have helped several people get these and all had good luck. The MonoTherms pistons are for generators and marine applications.

IMAG1128.jpg

Back