Monster pump and 6x.016 (No Start)

cbandit99

Replaced my dead so vp last night with a monster pump stage 3 and also installed 6x.016. I have a raptor 100 that came on the truck when I bought it. I know I need a bigger lift pump like a fass or airdog system. My gauges show fuel pressure at 19 when trying to crank it after a few turn overs pressure dropped to 10. I also crack fuel lines 2&4 was getting fuel even tried ether it run for a second but would die also had no pedal response.

Could it be that I don't have enough fuel from the raptor?

10 psi is still pressure which means you still have a supply to the injection pump. Will it drop to zero at wide open throttle? Probably, but it should still idle.

Sounds like another issue, I know Mike is not building his old style stage 3 pumps due to rotor and cams cracking, failing etc, not sure if it's related to your problem but if pumps good it should at least start with 10 psi

Alright thanks for the help I'll keep looking to see if I can find anything else. The guy had it recently rebuilt and supposedly it has a billet cam

I had a p1688, p1690,p341, and the p1693. I replaced the camshaft sensor hoping it would fix the problem, but didn't. The truck would drive with old pump just flat out lost all it's power so I talked with Doug at bluechip diesel told him the codes and he said he was sure with the codes I gave that it was the pump 95% positive

Any codes now? With the key on, remove and reinstall Inj pump relay in the fuse panel under hood. You should hear 2 clicks: 1 is the relay, other is in the pump. Make sure both are clicking. That will at least tell you the ECM is giving the pump power.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384724637.862483.jpg

Haven't had any codes since I replaced the pump. I pulled the relay heard two clicks one from relay and other from pump also.

I know you said 2 & 4 lines have been bled. What about the rest? I always crack as many as possible, especially after a pump install.

Cracked 1-4 still no go. Hoping I might be able to get in touch with mike and see what he thinks.

Did you ever get this issue solved? Also would like to hear what MPMike had to say about the pump.

I spoke with Mike he said sounds like the electronics went bad so I have to send it in to him.

Cracked 1-4 still no go. Hoping I might be able to get in touch with mike and see what he thinks.

I've found most of the time with Mikes pumps you donot have to bleed any lines after replacing pump or changing injectors, Starts up this alittle cranking. The only one that I had that needed bled also didn't perform very well. Just my experiences. Thanks Steve B.

Ya I just finished up my new build on my 02 and I put a stage3 MPMike pump on it, cracked 3 lines and started cracking and if started popping off right away, which I was surprised at. This thing runs great so far!

Back