Mopar reman injectors

rjustman

I'm in the market for a set of injectors and to save some money I found a guy who works at a cummins dealer giving a discount on a set of injectors that are brand new in the box.1100 shipped without cores..but they are a reman injector from mexico..they have a 2 year warranty and will include all paper work..any have any insight or dos or don'ts regarding this? I need to save money but don't wanna save money and end up paying out more for a ruined motor either..

Thanks

Last edited:
I cant get a picture to upload for some reason but the numbers on box under barcode are R800 4082 AC-001

REMANNED ARE JUST THAT! I just went thru this first time used remans and lasted 10k then melted a piston sent back the injectors three weeks later they came back with one replaced. Reinstalled about 2000 miles later had a loud knock at idle went away after 1000 rpm. Then started white smoking at start up yanked them out Installed a set of F1 3.3's and it puurrrs like a kitten power is smooth and strong no smoke like a different engine was put in! I probably would have lost the motor if I ran it like most would hoping it would get better! Yeah 3000 is a lot for injectors but you get what you pay for!
F1diesel.com

Ok so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's a vote for no lol..

REMANNED ARE JUST THAT! I just went thru this first time used remans and lasted 10k then melted a piston sent back the injectors three weeks later they came back with one replaced. Reinstalled about 2000 miles later had a loud knock at idle went away after 1000 rpm. Then started white smoking at start up yanked them out Installed a set of F1 3.3's and it puurrrs like a kitten power is smooth and strong no smoke like a different engine was put in! I probably would have lost the motor if I ran it like most would hoping it would get better! Yeah 3000 is a lot for injectors but you get what you pay for!

F1diesel.com

And where does f1 get injectors to build? Are they brand new or built from cores?

Reman injectors should be fine IMO. We run them in semis. No experience personally with the injectors your looking at though.

IIRC, I was told that with remans, everything is not replaced. You may have parts in them that are worn, but still may pass spec. Personally, I wouldn't take the chance.

IIRC, I was told that with remans, everything is not replaced. You may have parts in them that are worn, but still may pass spec. Personally, I wouldn't take the chance.

I would expect a reman part to have everything replaced. Would be the difference between rebuild and reman.

We have a local bosch certified dealer/supplier/whatever shop here in Phoenix.they said they are the only certified bosch place here..they can test my current injectors and rebuild my injectors to bosch specs and a worat case scenario I pay 337 an injector for a complete reman directly from bosch themselves.the injectors they keep stocked..think I'd be better going tht route? I've replaced my crossover tubes, and at least it'll start now it's just that it cranks for way longer than normal.and being only 40 degrees as a low rifht now here in az I find it hard to be related to a cold start issue.I did however only torque my tubes to the 37 ft/lbs instead of the new spec of 41 because I am using the 5.9 tubes and injectors and not the superceded 6.7 tubes..

I've had a few bad experiences with reman injectors on the common rails. They're junk IMO. If everything was replaced, they wouldn't be remans, they'd be new. Everything is measured and tested and whatever doesn't pass gets replaced. But it seems like every now and then there is a stack up of tolerances or something that goes the wrong way and an injector poops out early. New Bosch hasn't failed me yet. Unrelated, but reman Nippendenso injectors from Deere are the same result. Rarely does a full set last a year without needing at least 1 replaced.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

F1 Blueprints their injectors to as new tight end tolerances and only one guy touches them from start to finish! Don knows his stuff and customer service is great! If your doing the work, know what your doing just run the remans have a spare or two on the shelf. Not hard to replace just keep an eye on white smoke and knocking!
On a side note never had a set of injectors run so smooth like the Flux 3.3!

What's the common cause for failure on the reman's? Poor filtering? Water in fuel? Or are they just failing? I run an airdog with the cat 2 micron filter and a donaldson 30 micron water seperator..
These injectors also have a 2 year unlimited mile Warranty and guy said even if I pumped gasoline in my tank if I called him up he would overnight me abother injector and I could mail the old one back..I have new crossover tubes also...money's extremely tight right now..

What's the common cause for failure on the reman's? Poor filtering? Water in fuel? Or are they just failing? I run an airdog with the cat 2 micron filter and a donaldson 30 micron water seperator..
These injectors also have a 2 year unlimited mile Warranty and guy said even if I pumped gasoline in my tank if I called him up he would overnight me abother injector and I could mail the old one back..I have new crossover tubes also...money's extremely tight right now..

Out of 4 sets of remans, once I've had a solenoid fail and twice I've had high leakage as the failure.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Nothing as a failure to destroy a motor? Just high return or what kind of leakage?

My neighbor had a set of those mopar remans put in his truck about a year ago. Its just a stock truck he pulls his camper with but puts alot of miles on, hasn't had a problem with them.

I'm hoping that over the years the have upped their game..remans of 2 years ago hopefully aren't remans of today..most everything gets better with age and people learn from mistakes..I say most not all haha..my uncle bought a set of remans for his lb7 duramax from car quest, which were bosch remans,and knock on wood his run great, it's the best and most quiet his truck has ever been..

Last edited:
Money versus time! You got time but moneys tight! So run the remans less than an hour to change out a bad injector! 2 year warranty is great!

Capped off number 2 piston rail line and tried to start motor fired right up, put injection line back on and it cranked and cranked and finally fired..number 2 is the injector with high Balance rate also..coincidence? Maybe.but with it being highest + Balance rate I plugged it first and truck lit right off..I'm going to replace all injectors and either keep these or sell them with a good reman in place of #2, hopefully to get some money back..all other Balance rates are at zero or close to it..

I wouldn't shy away from remans on a stock truck personally, as long as they came from some place reputable. Something slapped together in joe blows basement that is called a reman is asking for issues. But if they are coming from a cummins dealer I wouldn't see a problem that. Just make sure theyre not hot. LOL

Back