Motor Cleaner

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
What do you guys use? My underhood compartment looks like poo ad I's like to bring the shine back. Any good tecniques? :thankyou2:

(1) fluffy neighbor cat
(1) clothes pin

Put cat under hood of truck.....put clothes pin on cat's tail...shut hood (quickly)

Engine compartment will be clean in a few minutes...:D

Don't know if that'll work but I do that Purple Power usually does a nice job along with a pressure washer coupled with some hot water - that'll probably do a nice job.

Get a pump sprayer, fill with a 50/50 mix of water and Super Clean (or any butyl base cleaner) and wet everything down in the engine compartment, let sit a few and reapply, wash off with a water hose. Repeat as needed until clean.

I really don't like using a pressure washer underhood, it can force water into spots it's not supposed to get to.

I use brake cleaner on the stuff that has oil all over it, but ya gotta be careful with that stuff. I usually spray everything with about a 50/50 mix of water and simple green and hose her down. It does an "ok" job.

The brake cleaner will make you a little dizzy, but it makes grease and oil go away. Then spray it with soap to shine it up.

use some of that Souther moonshine that will shine any thing !

Castrol Super Clean, Simple Green, possibly Orange Blast any of the Water compatible cleaners seem to do good and you don't have to worry bout run-off. Got to keep them waters clean for them fishys.

ever clear works good, mixed with lots of dawn soap and super hot water

I use Simple Green and Citrus Solvent to clean up an oily engine :hehe: LOL :hehe: LOL

I've sprayed some Simple Green and used a pressure washer quite often with no problems..... Just be careful around the electrics...

I work at a place that gets this red stuff, I'll have to find the name at work, but my red truck had a nasty underside from oil and road grim about 1/2in thick in places, sprayed it on and let it sit, when I came back it was falling off the truck.... The stuff worked, it took the weatherproof grease off of some of the wirerope we make, that was scary. I now use it on the trucks every chance I get. It takes tar off without me wiping it and never once hurt the clear. I got to figure out what it is, I swear I have never seen anything like it. Took the rubber off the vettes wheel wells like it wasn't there. I'll find out what it is and maybe you can get it somewhere near you. I know some dealerships have it but use it for other things. It has to be safe for vehicles though to be in there.

I'm lazy...I use Gunk and a high pressure car wash...let it dry then a can of Tire Foam and it's show ready.

I use some sorta orange based cleaner from o'reilly's. Comes in an orange spray bottle. Best stuff I've ever used. Even better than simple green at removing stubborn crud.

Tim,
Now that you have it clean---- How do you make it shine?????:poke:

I am painting the heck out of mine as we write. I've been told some spray on wax after the LIGHT WATERING will work.
Does anyone else do this???:rockwoot:

WAYNES WORLD

Simple green or super clean (purple). I keep a gal of each in the garage all the time. Good stuff. Takes bugs off the front well too.

Whats with all the oily motors????? I got an oil leak and it is getting fixed not cleaned...... Purple Power is quite impressive on the driveway and the engine.$.02

Back