Motor differences ?

Dodgentwo

Im looking for a motor for my truck. I was curious how much difference I would notice between a 94-98 motor and a 1st gen motor with a p-pump on it? Is there going to be an obvious difference in power? I know alot of the internals are different. But I can get a 1st gen motor alot easier and cheaper. Also would it matter if the motor was intercooled or not? Thanks fellas

Travis

Someone correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt it be preety much the same thing what about the internals are different? they look mostly the same to me besides the pump and front cover

I believe I was told before the pistons and everything are different. I dont know if by different they meant they are worse or what? Hopefully someone can help me out here

i was told the older 94-96 12v have higher compression and the later ones were lower plus my buddy had a few motors torn apart and he showed me the height of the piston to deck difference. i don't remember the measurements on them though.

Joe

Im looking for a motor for my truck. I was curious how much difference I would notice between a 94-98 motor and a 1st gen motor with a p-pump on it? Is there going to be an obvious difference in power? I know alot of the internals are different. But I can get a 1st gen motor alot easier and cheaper. Also would it matter if the motor was intercooled or not? Thanks fellas

Travis

Off topic...What are you building??Did you blow one of the engines in either truck?

No didnt blow anything yet lol. I bought a truck minus the motor. So just looking for another motor for it. And it will probably go in the daily driver/hauler and the other will stay in the puller. Why do you ask?

Heee......I thought it was for you project truck.Wasn't sure....Sure would like to see more pics of that nice stacked truck you have on your avatar...:woohoo:

Thats the only one I really have of it looking that good. Front fenders risted out pretty good and replaced them and have not got the truck painted yet so the fenders are black. Doesnt look horrible, just not as good i guess. Ill try to get some pics though. And the project truck is being turned into my DD I think because it is an extended cab with all power and all that fun stuff and my current driver/puller is plain jane no power all that. So its gonna be the puller.

if your buildin it right you wont use the stock pistons or cam lol, i do know the heads are diff, the 1st gen takes a diff. style inector.

if your buildin it right you wont use the stock pistons or cam lol, i do know the heads are diff, the 1st gen takes a diff. style inector.

Haha yea your right. Its not the one being "built" though. It would be in the tow rig. Still doesnt seem worth it. Ill just keep lookin

i found my 97 p pumped 12v for 1500, its a vocational eninge with a 190 pump for 1400, i have diff pistons and cam.....so i have the stock ones layin around so if you do get a first gen....get up with me we can work somethin out

Back