motor oil bypass filter systems???

tirefrier

Coal Train conductor
My truck junks motor oil pretty fast. Was wondering is it worth it to get a single bypass or just change the oil more frequently. I run ams oil 15-40 so i want to keep the oil good longer. on my old furd I ran on called the oil gaurd which was a tp filter it worked alright. Also I am a dealer for amsoil I can get there single bypass. For those with systems which ones are you running and are you happy with them. thanks dave. kinda looking for trucks that are far from stock like mine please.

Depends on how much fuel your running. I did some un-official tests back in the day around 500hp-ish. specially going form edge to smarty. Oil reports suggested I need to change out the oil every 5000miles due to soot % in the oil. No other changes, just added the remote single by pass and a fresh oil change. oil report at 5000miles was good. 10000 miles good. 15000miles good. I still changed at 15000, could of gone 20,000 I'm sure as the soot was getting up there (I forget the numbers, long long ago).

These days, 5000 or less with a fresh by-pass and fresh oil. Could be a combo of ware and power levels. I'm considering going to cheaper oil for the motor and change it every 3000 or so. I have yet to see what the costs are.

I believe once you bump past stock injectors, soot's going to get in the oil faster no matter what you do or how well you drive.

Amsoil BMK21 will extend the quality of the Amsoil motor oil, as long as the bypass oil filter and the regular oil filter are changed.....

Depends on how much fuel your running. I did some un-official tests back in the day around 500hp-ish. specially going form edge to smarty. Oil reports suggested I need to change out the oil every 5000miles due to soot % in the oil. No other changes, just added the remote single by pass and a fresh oil change. oil report at 5000miles was good. 10000 miles good. 15000miles good. I still changed at 15000, could of gone 20,000 I'm sure as the soot was getting up there (I forget the numbers, long long ago).

These days, 5000 or less with a fresh by-pass and fresh oil. Could be a combo of ware and power levels. I'm considering going to cheaper oil for the motor and change it every 3000 or so. I have yet to see what the costs are.

I believe once you bump past stock injectors, soot's going to get in the oil faster no matter what you do or how well you drive.

which system did u install?

If you rub the oil between your fingers and your fingers stay black it is soot.

If you rub the oil between your fingers and your fingers stay black it is soot.

the black on my hand is bad. changed the oil 6 hrs ago and cant getem clean. with a larger injector does more fuel inter the oil or is fuel in the oil not happening unless you got an injector problem. Im sure the bypass cant filter any fuel from the oil. Just wondering if fuel in oil is common occurance.

Back