Mounting 5 point harness

jedeka

I removed factory front seats and mounted Scat bucket seats in my pulling truck. I was looking for pics on how everyone is mounting their 5 point harness or are you just using lap belts? Thinking about a hoop with rear kickers behind the seats for mounting the shoulder harness to. Any chassis shops out there that would have bend roll cages and know cab dimensions and could bend what I need? I have a couple local fab shops that can bend what I need, it will want the truck in front of them. Thanks.

When we put the harness in the 3.0 truck I help with, we removed the cab floor except for under the driver seat and welded a piece of tubing vertical off the frame behind the seat. We then welded 2 offset pieces of tubing to the vertical(one high, one low) for the tabs to mount on. If you're not planning on removing the floor you may be able to make an access hole in the floor and do the same thing, I'm not sure of how fancy it needs to be, but ours is sturdy enough for the bumps and bounces of the pulling track.

Back