Moving hitch in 3" ?

1965LONEWOLF

lonewolf
Thinking of moving my hitch in 3" ? I run 33's for pulling and truck has a rake to it now pull is level once you leave the line. Just seeing what you guys think before I cut up the reese hitch and notch my bumper ?

I moved mine a lot father than that. Depends if you still tow trailers or not

i got rid of the rear bumper and added a roll pan.

Last edited:
Do you have to cut the stock third gen receiver or just slide it ahead and drill new hole?

Do you have to cut the stock third gen receiver or just slide it ahead and drill new hole?
I tow a lot with the truck also , was going to leave the hitch on the stock location but cut of the plate and the receiver part of it and just move the part 3" in and weld it all back together ?

The picture is of a hitch my buddy builds for me on all of my trucks. Bolts in and it is recessed 3" in if not more. Easy to make and easy to install with a roll pan

Attachments

• IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
The picture is of a hitch my buddy builds for me on all of my trucks. Bolts in and it is recessed 3" in if not more. Easy to make and easy to install with a roll pan

That's exactly what I did with mine. Just cut the brackets off the stock hitch, weld in a piece of square tubing, weld a new receiver on, and add some bracing and your good to go

Check out Bigchevyhitch.com he builds them that will bolt in and will be moved in further

Back