moving rear shocks?

01 HO

On the passenger side rear shock is mounted to the front of the axle tube. would there be any reason the shock couldn't be relocated to the rear of the axle tube to match the drivers side? just curious have a sway bar mount, and shock mount in the way of axle brackets for ladder bars. keep in mind truck is still daily driver.

You can relocate it, but axle wrap becomes more of a concern. If your traction bars can handle it, it should be fine.

I'm would like to build a set like glacier diesel power has with the front link that moves. hoping to get back some ride qaulity, and still have 100% functional ladder/traction bars. Third link tractor bars are wore out time for upgrade

Theres gotta be a couple guys that say I'm a jackwagon for me even asking this question, or someone to tell me it might work. Come on guys.

It might just be hearsay, but I was always told that the Fords have so much axle wrap and hopping problems because the shocks are both on the same side of the axle.

key is good traction bars .. i moved my shocks to both rear facing and have no problems after the traction bars.

popup_zoom_img.aspx

This is what I would like to run, wheather it will work or not opinions please. maybe just stick with striaght bars?

Shocks only job is to dampen the tires movement from irregularities in the road and keep the suspension stable and from becoming out of control.

If the shock was meant to deal with axle wrap issues it would be mounted horizontally not up and down, like seen on some cars.

If you want the best ride for tire dampening then you want the shock mounted as close to center of the wheel and as close to the wheel as possible, and as straight as possible, but that causes other issues for trucks that need to do other things then just feel sporty on the road.

Back