moving to the next problem... lost cruise control :(

Huntingman27062

EVERY time the key was on on my truck i could here the little vaccum pump pumping away by the pass battery... never knew if this was normal or not... but when using the cruise there for awhile it would drop about 5mph before it would kick in... well now the pump quit... and so did the cruise... before i lost the pump i could pull the bottom vaccum line off of it and stick my finger over the hole and the pump would stop... dont know if this means anything but i figured id toss it into the mix.... so what do yall think i needs to get it back up and running??? probly a pump now since it stopped pumping... in a slow.... quite.... death over time... and maybe something else?

You have a vaccum leak on the plastic line and it killed your pump because it was ran out of it's duty cycle. The black plastic vaccum line has been noted for having holes rubbed in it.

Actually it runs over the top of the firewall along with the wiring harness and down up under the drives side battery to the dashpot. It will have a throttle wire hooked up to the APPS.

i thought i remembered seeing it T off and go into the dash? ill have to double check... sorry havent been on here in a bit... i was just gonna go without the cruise but if i can fix it fast then thats cool too...

Not trying to mess your post up.

But where can you get the plastic vacuum line? My turbo made a hole in mine.

Back