MPG? what you getting?

ramtough01

My cousin has an 08 3500 dually crew cab and it gets like 13mpg empty and like 9 or worse i think. I keep telling him to get rid of the DPF but he wont listen he did get a cold air intake and it gave him 1mpg better he said is there anyother programmers out there that wont clog his DPF or should he really just hack the stuff out

best i get on mine is the exact mileage he gets.
i've NEVER seen better then 15.8 and mine is plenty broke in with 65k miles

I think for better mileage, the dpf should be removed for an increase in mileage, however there are repercussions to this ie. warranty work ( can be denied due to altering emission equipment), and the epa ( probably not to soon, but sooner than later emission testing on our "light duty" diesels will become normal, and so will big fines

i say remove the dpf to but he wont theres someone in the area that did and there getting 20mpg now

there where a few guys on diesel power mag.com how has 08 and did take the dpfs off said they loved the new power and if im not wrong one guy said he got 2-3 more mpg i know E2therock has one and did take his off im sure he wont mind if you pm him and ask

IIRC, the DPF is considered a maintenance item because it is a filter...just as an oil filter or any other filter...and this is not covered under warranty anyways. I would double check if you know someone that works for dodge...but i believe it works that way with Ford. A dpf is a $1000 fix if you ruin one...and it wouldnt be under warranty...so hack it off.

If they do however decide not to honor your warranty because you have modified the truck regardless of whether or not having a dpf on it caused problems with the truck...then thats where the problem occurs i guess.

08 LMM, just over a year old now and 18800 miles....285's, H2 wheels, bumpers, torsions cranked, and window tint.....other than that its 100% bone stock. Got 19.4mpg two weeks ago driving back from my deer lease. Highway mileage is a constant 16.5-20 depending on weather and speed. BIG difference in 68mpg vs 74mph. I've even gotten as high as 21mpg last spring....was going 60 the whole way following one of my buddies in an older truck. in town mileage is 12-14 depending on my right foot.

the dealer does all my maintenance and I've had 0 problems out of it. I guess im just lucky?

I've heard that taking off the DPF can gain you 2-3 MPG, you should be able to unbolt it, so you could put it back on in case you have a warranty issue and need stock appearances. I wouldn't just "hack" it off.

^^ x2 on that, have a pipe made with flanges to match so you can put it in and out when you need to

got 21mpg last night....cruise on 67mph....and I even have 285's.

08 LMM, just over a year old now and 18800 miles....285's, H2 wheels, bumpers, torsions cranked, and window tint.....other than that its 100% bone stock. Got 19.4mpg two weeks ago driving back from my deer lease. Highway mileage is a constant 16.5-20 depending on weather and speed. BIG difference in 68mpg vs 74mph. I've even gotten as high as 21mpg last spring....was going 60 the whole way following one of my buddies in an older truck. in town mileage is 12-14 depending on my right foot.

the dealer does all my maintenance and I've had 0 problems out of it. I guess im just lucky?

That's similar to my friend's new D-max. Here's what he had to say:

I get 20 mpg on HW, at 1600 rpm, when pulling 16mpg ........... to 11mpg if any hills around. Pulling car trailer and Jag 10mpg
I told him to leave it alone, and that he's doing great! I get 12mpg mixed driving, 14 hwy and 10 when towing (but I got 3.73's and 35" Toyos). On average my '07 gets 2-3mpg less than my '03 in all situations, and I don't even have a DPF!

just got back from a trip to Shreveport and the best i got there and back was 12-13

My 2008 CC/SWB 2500HD gets between 13 and 16 mpg per tank. Towing it usually gets around 9 or 10 mpg. Idling really pulls down the mpg. In town driving pulls it down alot, also. Cruising on the highway at 60 mph yields 20 mpg, 65 mph yields 18 mpg. The best I can get is 27 mpg. I get 27 mpg by accelerating to 60 mph so the allison goes into 6th gear, the slowing down to 50 mph and setting the cruise control.

Banks 6 gun will help a little and it is has clean tunes so it won’t plug your DPF as fast.

If you decide to ditch the DPF just order an exhaust for an 06-07 LBZ. It is a direct replacement. That way you can keep your stock system intact if you ever have to go to the dealer.

If you remove DPF on chevy's won't you have to get a tuner for the sensors? Has anyone reamed out the guts of the DPF so it's still on there but nothing in it? Would that work?

20mpg in a 4x4 4dr dually

ur joking me right

43k on my 06 an its best 13.4
10.1 in tow
bone stock 235/70 instead of 215s

20mpg in a 4x4 4dr dually

ur joking me right

43k on my 06 an its best 13.4
10.1 in tow
bone stock 235/70 instead of 215s

I feel for ya man. I have an 05 that usually gets 13-14 and that's if I go easy on it. I've just decided that not all of us can get killer MPG, truck runs good, just never got very good mileage, even switching tuners before going to EFILive didn't matter. O well, fuel stations are a good place to meet chicks. LOL

i just drove 500 miles home from the TS show in Bowling Green and set the cruse on 78 mph and got 19.3 on paper... all hwy driving ...i have a ppe hot +2 race and had it set on lvl 5 to see what it would do on the way over i set the cruse on 76 and had the ppe on lvl 2 and got 18.1 mpg....S & B intake 4 inch turbo back magnaflow and 285/50/20 wheels...it ran great and i could smoke u out when the converter locked....egt were around 700 on flat ground and never got over 1000 climing the hills with the cruse on....truck was empty...

MPG

I got a 08 duramax and I get 14 to 16 in the city and pull 20-22 freeway, only mod so far is a K&N filter.

Back