mufflers

silvercummins14

Georgia Diesel Mafia
Just got efi live and a 5inch flow pro strait pipe installed. I normally wouldnt go strait but i wastold the 6.7's are near as bad as the 5.9's and its not but im still not sure im going to like it while towing.

So what is everyones muffler of choice?

If you turbo is stock then exhaust tone will be nothing like a 5.9. The VNT turbo really tones the exhaust down. I would personally put a resonator on a 6.7 but straight pipe isn't that annoying.

My dad has a 4040XL Aero Turbine on his ( all emissions crap is deleted ) and it has a nice throaty tone to it. It still drones a little inside, but not near as bad as my '05 5.9 with the regular 4040 Aero on it. Towing with my '05 is plain miserable because of the drone.

Well, after running around for about a year with a 5050XL, I can honestly say that I wouldn't buy it again. There's nothing wrong with the quality of the product, it's just too loud for a daily driver. If I wind up keeping the truck, I think I'll be going back down to a 4" system, probably with a "real" muffler again.

my favorite device for quieting down and exhaust is to add a second turbo, just sayin.

Back