mustang dyno

RayRoss42

MAXWELL
anyone ever heard of getting $hitty results from a mustang dyno? dyno'd my truck yesterday for the first time and hit way lower than i was expecting. Everyone at the dyno was expecting 100hp more and know of trucks that dyno'd that day that have done 100+hp in several other events. Just wanting to know if i should blame it on the dyno or start worrying about the truck :doh:

welcome to the world of mustang dynos.

there are endless discussions on dyno to dyno comparisons, when in all reality, a dynomometer is a tuning tool. want to make upgrades and parts changes? go back to the same dyno. not different ones to keep it consistent.

the dyno has a load feature, and can be set to vehicle weight and even wind resistance to keep load consistent with what the truck sees on the road. readings can be easily changed by changing the load or calculated weight.

if load wasnt high enough, its possible the turbo didnt light or reach full boost either.

Yea mustang dyno always put a lower # then other dynos, mustang dynos put a load on the car/truck as if it were actually driving on the road, hence why the numbers are lower then dynojets which dont put a load on the motor and offer less resistance mustang dynos are better for testing and tuning but alot of guys use dynojets to get big #s

Back