My 1/8th mile time.

Well Saturday night me and a few people went to a 1/8th mile track. First run I tried a 3rd gear boosted launch. Well the clutch said no to that so after sitting a few hours thinkin I lost my clutch I could finally get it in gear and drive it again. So Long story short my best run was a 10.1 at 79.99mph. I have to easy off the line because havent installed traction bars yet and Im having some popping and studdering issues but pretty much 80 mph should mean what kind of times are possible? I dont really start moving good until 4th gear either because of 3rd gear still spins and pops real bad. Im just trying to figure out what Kind of times are possible.

Kevin

Welcome to launching a 2wd....it's been kicking my ass for 4 years.

Yea I need to get traction bars REALLY bad so I can maybe help the wheel hop. Oh yea and need to get rid of the pesky 6spd!

Well there are some hand shakers out there turning some good ETs so it is possible. But your right traction is what you have to have so you can concentrate on launches and shifting.

Sometimes it works better to spin than to bog or hop. Espeically if you have access to cheap slicks you can always just leave at 4000rpm or whatever and spin for the first 50 feet or so. I ran 9.6@73mph, so low 9s or high 8s should be possible....

I have traction bars sittin in my floor just no place to do it because im in !school now and have to live in apts.

Just looking at my first time slip, 5 speed 4x4 running in 2wd.

2.396 60'
10.119 1/8th @ 74.58 mph

That ended up with a slipping clutch on the back half of the track to the tune of

15.577 @ 89.83 mph who knows, the slipping clutch may have not hurt my time at all.

I ran 9.01 with my 5spd in 2wd, no boosted launches. Stock clutch actually.

I cant remember off the top of my head. That was over a year ago, Im looking for the time slip for that run.

Im thinking high 79-83ish, the guy in the trailered bracket car wasnt amused.:hehe:

The one I have handy with a bad run earlier that night is saying:

E.T.__10.067
60____2.426
MPH__77.49
reaction______.534:bang

I know my arm hurt after the 9 pass.

so does anyone have any tips on how to launch a 2wd 6spd? Or shoudl I ijust worry about gettin the traction bars put on and start trying different things?

I got some of my best times, when I launched and the truck lugged a little bit and then it just launched. Kind of hard to explain. Dont just launch the balls off of it, launch it to where the clutch drags it down the floor it and row away.

I was riding a razor thin line between spining, killing it, or going. I was interesting to watch.:hehe:

Hold the rpms at the tree. When you see that 3rd bulb, let the clutch out easy. Do Not dump it!

Play on the street and find the RPM you truck likes for launching.

Back