My days with fabtech steering arms are done

Noreaster

Official beer tester
Had alittle problem last night, the nut for the pitman arm stud that runs through the centerlink decided to disapear. Kinda scary driving it home & there it sits in the back yard for a week till the Moogs that Fabtechs are sending arrive. Ive been debating on sending them back since the recall came out, but have no choice now.

For anybody still running them read this, http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/html/hdsteering.html

Oh & one other thing, I asked about the breaking part & they said it shears the shaft coming out of the steering box, so thats means its a dangerous risk your taking running them.

Last edited:
yes ! they did have a open recall on the pitman arms and idler arms. They are not even remaking new ones . They are replacing them with MOOG ones. This is ONLY the pitman and Idler arms . NOT ANY OTHER PARTS !

I had the same problem TWICE! Thank goodness I was in a parking lot both times....... Took like 2 months get reimbursed fro Fabtech. Sucks

Here are some pic's, One of the broken pitman arm and one of the free Tow.....

Attachments

• quickuploads 1206 (Small).jpg
    quickuploads 1206 (Small).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 55
  • quickuploads 1187 (Small).jpg
    quickuploads 1187 (Small).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 40
Be lucky that was just a busted stud, usually it sheered the shaft coming out of the steering box off.

Really? That's some bad news! Do they cover that under their warranty?

Ya you ain't kidding, mine the nut on the stud came loose & threads got wiped out, so out they came.

So what you running now? Some of them steering arms made from gold from your company?

Fabtech asked we if my threads were damaged (i guess to see if they just came loose or failed) I told them no the stud just sheard, and after the second time I told them were they could shove them up there AS*.

Yes I am now running our HD pitman and idler arm's and am very happy. The whole steering now feel's nice and tight and responsive. They also reduce the stock drag link from rolling up on the high boost 4X4 launches....

How can you compare the two? We dont use the stock tie-rods, pitman or idler arm??? I dont think the comparison is of the same quality or strength..... To each their own....

Thanks for posting that! When we switched over to our new web site our web guys messed up the pricing. Not cheap but alot better. $1885.00

Edit- and they used the same pictures for both tie-rod upgrade systems:doh:

Last edited:
Noreaster said:
Heres alittle something, add up the pitman, idler & tierod setups( $2890) http://www.pacificp.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_16

or option B, Super Diesels centerlink & tierod sleeves ($ 597)https://ssl.perfora.net/www.superdi...nid=1544e2484d4a823/shopdata/index.shopscript

To quote one manufactures price over another's , is not relevant in comparison to what you get . I can buy several pieces for my truck that will work ; However they may not work as well as others. ppe and SuperDiesel both make good products. They are totally different in design .One is a total redesign and one is a fix for a weak stock part. Both get it done in different ways .

So what is the deal that when you go to Superdiesel's website it gives you a redirect for the centerlink...

Back