My Dream Shop 48x100

Yea I have those but Cali screwed the rest of us. Can’t find motion switches that you can force to stay on anymore. Son would get in the shower and it would turn off because it can’t see through the glass. Original ones I got back in 2008 have manual override.

only one that the wife had problems with was our bathroom. since she was doing her makeup and it cut the lights off. I guess she didn't get the hint 5 min is long enough. :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Looks awesome. Congrats

Curious how you will run floor eat as well. Have a few buddies with them, all use different products.

Looks awesome. Congrats

Curious how you will run floor eat as well. Have a few buddies with them, all use different products.

Everyone I know just uses an on demand water heater. One suggestion I was told was to get a thermostat that reads off a probe in the concrete. This was a truck shop for a concrete company, they park the mixers in a heated building so they don’t have to drain the water tanks. He said the dumbass drivers will come in and start the trucks and open the doors. The cold air hits the thermostat on the wall and kicks the water heater on. So for 20min or so it’s heating and when they finally leave the shop is so hot you can’t stand to work in there and takes most of the day to cool the slab back down.

Last edited:
I'm running an on demand heater for my floor heat and yes slab temp sensor is a must in a shop for exactly the reasons Faulkner mentioned. It's a lot of work up front but it's the best thing I did for my shop besides insulate the shit out of it. Nothing beats walking into a 65 degree shop with nice warm floors that don't suck the heat out of your feet

Does that mean the contractor just bailed on you when the building was framed? Or is that the current state of the build and they are still working on it?

The contractor said "I will need some money ones i get all the trusses and lad boards on" I paid him then month goes by and no they wouldn't show up always excuses. I got home from work and the whole building is leaning and all the trusses are bowed. They only put 1 set of lad boards on and left and the whole south wall was caving in. So i fired him and cut my losses and hired another contractor to finish.

So first thing we had to do was straighten the structure then i help because its my shop anyways

Attachments

• 30.jpeg
    30.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 31.jpeg
    31.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 0
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 0
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 0
had to put dad tractor and dozer to use once again

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 0
The contractor said "I will need some money ones i get all the trusses and lad boards on" I paid him then month goes by and no they wouldn't show up always excuses. I got home from work and the whole building is leaning and all the trusses are bowed. They only put 1 set of lad boards on and left and the whole south wall was caving in. So i fired him and cut my losses and hired another contractor to finish.

There is a guy around here that was broke so he was floating projects. Take the money you gave him to pay for his last projects materials. Had to try and line up another job to get money for yours. Got underwater pretty fast, pretty sure drugs were involved.

That would be easy to do if you weren’t good at bidding jobs when the material prices were going higher than Eagle *****.

Last edited:
There is a guy around here that was broke so he was floating projects. Take the money you gave him to pay for his last projects materials. Had to try and line up another job to get money for yours. Got underwater pretty fast, pretty sure drugs were involved.

That would be easy to do if you weren’t good at bidding jobs when the material prices were going higher than Eagle *****.

yea but that is the thing. I was paying for all the materials he just wouldn't show up he quoted me $19k to build the complete building and i was fine with that. I paid him 6k for framing and he Ghosted me

Looks awesome. Congrats

thank you i will show more as i work on it more

Everyone I know just uses an on demand water heater. One suggestion I was told was to get a thermostat that reads off a probe in the concrete. This was a truck shop for a concrete company, they park the mixers in a heated building so they don’t have to drain the water tanks. He said the dumbass drivers will come in and start the trucks and open the doors. The cold air hits the thermostat on the wall and kicks the water heater on. So for 20min or so it’s heating and when they finally leave the shop is so hot you can’t stand to work in there and takes most of the day to cool the slab back down.
the one in my house is one of the kids playroom
I'm running an on demand heater for my floor heat and yes slab temp sensor is a must in a shop for exactly the reasons Faulkner mentioned. It's a lot of work up front but it's the best thing I did for my shop besides insulate the shit out of it. Nothing beats walking into a 65 degree shop with nice warm floors that don't suck the heat out of your feet
I cant wait for that No more cold toes lol

I've thought about getting a chiller for mine
Do you need a chiller? Just run ground water through it, that is 55 degrees.... You get it much colder I would imagine you would have pools of condensation. 55 degree might even be bad on a humid day!

Do you need a chiller? Just run ground water through it, that is 55 degrees.... You get it much colder I would imagine you would have pools of condensation. 55 degree might even be bad on a humid day!

Yeah that's possible also idk how many foot I would need but not a bad idea

Damn, I hate to hear that. Glad you are moving along though once again. Keep sending us updates, it's fun to watch your progress.

I wish my shop had ac cooled concrete, ha.
:hehe::hehe:
Damn, I hate to hear that. Glad you are moving along though once again. Keep sending us updates, it's fun to watch your progress.

well i was pretty pissed when they did it but i found a better more dedicated contractor so this worked in my favor

Attachments

• 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    744.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 60.jpg
    60.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 59.jpg
    59.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 0
Due to rain and wind we had to do what we could when we could Cons to building on a hill:bang:bang

Attachments

• 61.5.jpg
    61.5.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 62.jpg
    62.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 63.jpg
    63.jpg