My first 12v manifold build

looking good cant wait for the rest i think i am going to be making one for a friend. i think i will be doing a one peace flange like yours not sure yet

Looks good, are you going to squeeze the pipe some to fit the flange better?

I did try squeezing it down some to fit better. The sch40 doesnt give to easily. It's gonna take some filling and shaping I think to get it how I want it.

From my experience, the one piece flange warps badly when you have enough heat cycles on it. Mine jumped flat again once the support between 2-3 and 4-5 was cut out.

Still thinking about this. Mine was mild steel. Maybe stainless won't warp as much. I have a set of flanges and weld-els in the garage in stainless for the next go around.

I don't have much experience only been a welder for 4 years but when we weld stainless at work we always say stainless warps worse than mild steel. You can see I have a two peace flange and after welding it was machined flat and 5k miles later still good and they are street playing miles and some 1700 egts maybe more at times

Stainless will typically warp more, due to the make up of it. The nickel and chromium in it tends to make it warp more.

Can't wait to see the rest!!! I am in the process of getting another set of flanges made. Wanna build a new manifold for a twin kit wanna run a 66 with 80

Got the short pipes in place and working on welding it up.
ajupenev.jpg

Here's the one I just finished up today. 321 stainless.

Nice to see other peoples projects.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 0
Here's the one I just finished up today. 321 stainless.

Nice to see other peoples projects.

Very nice! That definitely took some fitting and fabrication. Makes my piece look like it came out of the Stone Age lol.

Yes quite the pain, stainless moves so much. It helps some when you back purge the piece when you weld on it and by not welding too much at one time.

I've done them both ways, stainless in 304 and 321 along with mild steel.

321 is just a pain to work with, but the over all result is nice.

Back