My first Dmax, lil help..

K-Farms

F-yea
I picked up a reg cab 06 LBZ it has an afe intake, edge CTS touch screen and 5in exhaust. i have been a cummins guy for a long time and havent really spent much time around or workin on duramaxes. i wanna get some good mileage and have enough power to have a little fun from time to time...i dont wanna buy a tranny for this truck i have bought enough trannys for my other trucks. so, do i ditch the edge and play around with small efi live tunes? what will the stock tranny take? maybe just give me quick lesson on what i should look into for a good mild build..

Get efi tunes on the cts if you want efi but if ur worried about trans leave it as it is.

With a transgo jr. you should be fine for 450 at the wheels. You can't control the dsp setup with an edge for a lbz/lmm only the lb7/lly so you would still have to have a switch, but efi can open up a world of options for your truck and not just power options.

we have a couple lbz trucks locally that are running 500 hp tunes . one with transgo and one with out and both holding pretty good . a CAI and or exhaust wouldn't be a bad idea either

its not my first diesel its my first dmax. i know efi is pretty sweet deal but im just wondering what i can get away with with the stock trans.. so whats transgo?

To be totally safe on the tranny, I recommend nothing higher than a 100HP tune for the street. Couple that with a good 50HP tow tune with turbo brake and a switch to control on the fly and you'll have a very nice, reliable LBZ. Make sure the tuner has dyno tested the tune and not just thrown something together.

just ordered a transgo jr, i didnt know they were so cheap! cant wait to put it in, im hoping it make the trans shift a little more to my liking.. any tips on the install?

To be totally safe on the tranny, I recommend nothing higher than a 100HP tune for the street. Couple that with a good 50HP tow tune with turbo brake and a switch to control on the fly and you'll have a very nice, reliable LBZ. Make sure the tuner has dyno tested the tune and not just thrown something together.

Great Advice.

.i dont wanna buy a tranny for this truck i have bought enough trannys for my other trucks. so, do i ditch the edge and play around with small efi live tunes? what will the stock tranny take? maybe just give me quick lesson on what i should look into for a good mild build..

Leave the Edge on a low setting and you'll be fine.

may be a dumb question but can u wire up a TC lock up switch similar to the one you can with the 47re and 48re?

Back